• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit insurance

Grace65

Warren Veteran
Hello all,
Im thinking of getting grace insured and am wondering if anyone knows how much it costs per month and what it actually covers?
Ive been doing a search online and feel really confused with all of the small print, does bunny insurance cover dental health etc??
Does anyone on here think its worth the money, i know lops can have dental disease later on and id love to know what you all think, thanks. xxx:)

Petplan cover dental :) It's £19.50 a month for 2 of my buns, and they give you first 4 weeks free, make sure you ask for it though cos they didnt mention it to me. Think its definitely worth the money when you read the massive vet bills people have gotten on here! it doesnt cover preventative measures e.g. neutering though x

So it`ll cost me say a tenner a month for gracie? as grace is a candidate for dental disease would they still cover it do you know? xxxxxxxx

i don't think they wil cover already underlining conditions, but mayeb you could phone and get more advice
locks is insured with petplan, its about £10 a month for him

i don't think they wil cover already underlining conditions, but mayeb you could phone and get more advice
locks is insured with petplan, its about £10 a month for him

Well she hasnt got any underlying problems as far as i know anyway, shes had a few check ups, myxi and vhd jabs and i shall get her neutered in june when shes 6 months.
What got me thinking was a friend of mine has a dwarf lop and she is 6 and he`s always back and forwards to the vets with dental problems, obviously im aware it is a problem in this breed of rabbit and hence the wondering if pet insurance would cover that eventuality.
I suppose i just want to set my stall out so to speak just incase, you just dont know what could happen as she grows up. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is definately worth it! I have just insured Dudley using Petplan after Hayden's awful illness. Her treatment would have cost nearly £1000. Luckily I work at a vets so get discount but it still cost me £400-500. Just can't afford to pay it all again.

It is definately worth it! I have just insured Dudley using Petplan after Hayden's awful illness. Her treatment would have cost nearly £1000. Luckily I work at a vets so get discount but it still cost me £400-500. Just can't afford to pay it all again.

I read about your awful loss, im really sorry. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think with insurance companies a rabbit is a rabbit breed is unimportant only think they're bothered about breed problems with dogs etc. yeah they do, and you only pay the excess once because I asked about stuff like that, if you're treating for the same problem a few times they only charge the excess once :) you're covered for £2000 a year on it xxxxx

I think with insurance companies a rabbit is a rabbit breed is unimportant only think they're bothered about breed problems with dogs etc. yeah they do, and you only pay the excess once because I asked about stuff like that, if you're treating for the same problem a few times they only charge the excess once :) you're covered for £2000 a year on it xxxxx

Thank god you are all here for advice! thank you. xxxx

that's good to hear, i didn't know that :)

:) I know I was pleasantly surprised. I only have 2 of my 5 insured because I was worried I would need to pay loads of vet bills for them, but im going to insure the others in a couple of months

I read about your awful loss, im really sorry. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thnaks. When I thought about insurance my main concern was that they wouldn't cover for dentals so I thought, well I will save money monthly. But it just goes to show, you never know what can happen so it is best to insure anyway and if they don't cover for a dental then unfortunately you will have to pay for it. Petplan is supposed to be really good so I would definately just go for it. I unfortunately learned the hard way :(

Thank god you are all here for advice! thank you. xxxx

Make sure you check the small print as there might be different levels of cover.

In cats and dogs there are a few different levels of cover. Some will only cover a condition once, some will only cover a condition for a year or up to the first £1000 for example whereas the top levels will cover the same condition for the life of the animal.

Make sure you check the small print as there might be different levels of cover.

In cats and dogs there are a few different levels of cover. Some will only cover a condition once, some will only cover a condition for a year or up to the first £1000 for example whereas the top levels will cover the same condition for the life of the animal.
I Know this is where i find it confusing! all these hidden things, i remember ringing for advice when insuring our cat and they bombarded me constantly trying to get me to sign up, when all i was doing was deciding on the best one for smudge. xxxxxxxxx

Thnaks. When I thought about insurance my main concern was that they wouldn't cover for dentals so I thought, well I will save money monthly. But it just goes to show, you never know what can happen so it is best to insure anyway and if they don't cover for a dental then unfortunately you will have to pay for it. Petplan is supposed to be really good so I would definately just go for it. I unfortunately learned the hard way :(

Well you did what you could with what you had, i really am sorry for your loss you went through such a terrible rollercoaster, i did too when i was trying to get daisy better but i lost her in feb, then 10 days later i lost truffle too, the pain is unbearable, i feel for you. xxxxxxxxxx

I Know this is where i find it confusing! all these hidden things, i remember ringing for advice when insuring our cat and they bombarded me constantly trying to get me to sign up, when all i was doing was deciding on the best one for smudge. xxxxxxxxx

Take a look online - at least you can do it in your own time without being rushed or harassed by a sales person!

Take a look online - at least you can do it in your own time without being rushed or harassed by a sales person!
Hehehe thats what im doing now and guess what? they are asking for my phone number! even doing this online they want my number before giving me a quote! arghhhh im not safe :roll: xxxxxxx

Back