• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dudley and Santa's new run

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
(Disclaimer: I wouldn't normally suggest that people buy the triangle runs, but this run provided by far the closest match to my requirements so overall it was a compromise worth making. After all, these two buns are tiny and are 7 years old so spend their time grazing and sunbathing rather than running around.)

DSC01003.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

DSC01014.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

It's soooooooooo heavy and brilliantly sturdy, exactly what I wanted. Now I understand why they sell an optional set of wheels :shock:

Thats fab! They look tiny in there :love: How big is it?? It looks huge for those 2 tiny babies :love:

The last photo makes me smile/laugh!! I :love: the way they are lay! They seem to absolutely love it!! :D

Santa is looking good !! How's her Snuffles ?

Dudley is such a lovely colour :love:

I used to have a run similar to that. Jack ate it :roll:

:wave: Thanks, I'm really pleased with it :D My other run was bigger but falling apart so I literally couldn't be out of eyeshot. At least with this one I feel I can be 'around' but without watching them absolutely constantly, and it has a nice big inside area off the ground so it's not the end of the world if there's a sudden bit of weather come across either. It's a Forsham 605 which is 10ft long and just a smidge under 3ft wide.

Jane - after a month of penicillin, Santa is about the same :roll: No antibiotics seem to be working any more, the bisolvon/metacam/nebuliser is at least keeping the pus flowing relatively freely though. Simone is away at the moment so I've left a message for her to ring me on Mon to discuss 'what next' :? We talked about penicillin for life, so maybe we'll just keep it going for longer and see if there is any improvement then. Santa is happy enough in herself though and is now grazing very well since her recent dental :) Another reason I wanted a nice sturdy run that I can put them out in more often, both for her teeth and for keeping her gut healthier with all the antibiotics.

Did you ever look into that Homeopet Nose Relief stuff? It is recommended in some guinea pig circles for allergies/control of symptoms. I have some here that I bought for Sukie but never needed. Probably wouldn't be any good, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Run looks awesome :D

It is awesome, you'll have to come and visit and see it in the flesh...and try and lift it :shock:

Their hutch is a 3-storey 5 foot affair with an 8ft run attached, this is just for sunbathing and grazing, so I'm not too fussed about the fact that this one is narrow and pointy :)

Back