• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sponsoring a rabbit at Hopper Haven

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Here is one of our many groups of sanctuary rabbits enjoying the sun today.
The little ginger boy is Robin - he's 10 years old and is a tripod bunny, enjoying his "retirement" surrounded by lots of friends.
The little black bunny is Dot, a 2 year old female who, probably due to interbreeding is blind in one eye, and has severely compromised sight in the other. She's very poorly at the moment, and whilst she's on treatment we really don't think she'll still be with us in the next week :-(
The dark brown bun is Badger. He was a stray so we're unsure of his age. He has a shocking set of teeth that need continuous treatment, and the white/ginger fluffy bun is Bailey - a cheeky boy with no front teeth and an abscess behind his eye.
Last, but not least, is Feather, the harlequin bun, 6 yrs old, and again with shocking teeth.
I know I've missed out details on the white bunny, but I can't remember her name
All these bunnys are permanent resident at Hopper Haven, and they will be loved and cared for for the rest of their days.
We have over 100 permanent residents just like these looking for sponsorship - anything from £1 a month all contributes towards our huge feed/bedding and vet bills.
Let me know if you're interested and I'll get a sponsorship form to you!

Photo0136.jpg

Last edited:
Don't be daft! He's your sponsored bunny - how would I break the news to him????:lol:

haha he was too busy grooming his woman to notice me when i dropped Alvin off :cry::cry::cry:

well the offer is there hun if ever you get interest from someone else to help with his costs. i love all the hopper bunnies, and yes i did consider moving in when Alvin was there :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Awww Loki's gorgeous! He's one of the ones that stuck in my mind when me and Becky came to visit :love:

Can you choose who you sponser? How does it work?

Awww Loki's gorgeous! He's one of the ones that stuck in my mind when me and Becky came to visit :love:

Can you choose who you sponser? How does it work?

http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk/ theres some of the bunnies on there but if you visit i think most are probably up for sponsorship.

i had to fill in a form and that was it. decided how much to give each month.

we even got a calendar this year too :love::love: and should you ever need pics of your bunny if you cant visit, ask BB mommy nicely ;) :lol::lol::lol:

when ever i go to HH (which is rare) Lou always takes me to see Loki :love::love:

A big thank you to everyone who has responded to this appeal on the thread and via PM.

I'm adding pics of another one of our sanctuary groups - The Rexy Crew!

Sorrell is the white & ginger buck - he's 2 years old . He came into the rescue in April 2008 after being abandoned by his owner along with a number of rabbits and guinea pigs.
He has badly misaligned teeth and requires regular dental work, but he's a very friendly chap.

Finn is the ginger buck and he's around 4-5 yrs. He came to us Spring 2008.
He has terrible back teeth that has left permanent scars inside his cheeks. He also requires regular dental work and is also a very friendly chap!

Laurel is the white/black/brown doe and shes around 2yrs. She came into rescue in Spring 2008. She's a very dainty and pretty girl. She's lovely with people but a devil with other rabbits!

Brook is the black/brown doe and she's around 3 years old. She had been in the rescue for 2 years (Nov 07) with no offers of adoption so she was bonded into the trio for company. She is a healthy girl, but will remain with her friends in the sanctuary as with no offers of a home she was destined for life as a single, lonely bunny.

This crew moved into their new enclosure together at the end of 2009.
Two of them have started to show signs of heart failure, which appears to be a fault in rexes due to poor breeding, and this is being closely monitored by Louise and on the weekly vet visits.

All of these buns are seeking sponsorship:D

brookfinnlaurel.jpg

brooksorrellfinnlaurel.jpg

brook.jpg

finn.jpg

sorrellfinn.jpg

:wave: I've been to Hopper Haven a few times the past month and always noticed this lovely group :love::love:

Sorrell is particularly gorgeous I must say :love::love:

I'm dropping off my sponsor form at the bank tomorrow or Tuesday depending (there's some political marches in Newcastle tomorrow so might have to make a sharp exit from the city centre :shock:), sorry I didn't do it earlier I've been mega busy with university and work but I haven't forgotten don't worry! :wave:

Back