• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Thank You & Hug For Fluffers

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Fluffers who's name is actually Jenny!..was a bit upset today as she had to say goodbye to her foster bun Hartley
He has gone to a lovely home but as I warned her when she offered to foster..saying farewell to the first bunny is always hard.
I'd like to say a big thank you to her for the wonderful care she's given him and for all the other things she has done and is doing for the rescue
Hartley's new owners have promised to send me updates and pics so I will pass them on
Hugs to Jen and Chris..and hope the two new fosters soon fill the gap Hartley left xx

I bet that was so hard :(

I decided to foster a bun recently and found him a very good home................. with me! :lol: I wish I could help out and foster but I get too attached!

It's so hard to let them go - even when you know they're going to a loving home.
It doesn't take long for them to creep into your heart:D

I kept my first foster, and have another 3 here that will probably never go back to the sanctuary, but I have managed to foster lots of others that have rehomed successfully, but there have been a few others that I really didn't want to give back.

very brave to be able to take a bunny in and give it away, I intended to rehome these 2 but I'm already so attached its unreal

I didnt mean 'give it away' like a bad thing btw :lol: I know they always go to great homes

Can't stop thinking about lovely Hartley, hope he's settled in ok and loves his new home :) He was so sweet in the car earlier when we went to meet Jill. He sat on the front passenger seat with the carrier door open, no attempt to escape, he just lay there and accepted a 10 min nose rub, bless. Such a sweetie :love::love::love:

Just been out and checked on the two new recruits, Bouncer & Jester. Both eating & pooing well :lol: We only planned on having a house bun - how did this happen..... :lol::oops::lol:

Last edited:
How did it happen ask my hubby
he bought me a baby rabbit from a garden centre.:roll:...I went mad as against buying any animal..went to a rescue to get a partner for the bought bun..then looked on internet for advice..found RR..then RU..then promised hubby if I "tried" rehoming would only take in a maximum of 4 at a time...hhhmmmmmm:lol::lol:

he bought me a baby rabbit from a garden centre.:roll:...I went mad as against buying any animal..went to a rescue to get a partner for the bought bun..then looked on internet for advice..found RR..then RU..then promised hubby if I "tried" rehoming would only take in a maximum of 4 at a time...hhhmmmmmm:lol::lol:

We are very lucky then, we both have understanding hubby's who are both big softies too :lol::D:love:

:lol::lol:

I think it does get easier to let the fosters go with practice - although it's tough when they're cuddle buns. (If Carlo had been a girl & our Dill not so grumpy.......).

We tried to become failed fosterers but the bonds wouldn't work so we're kind of failed failed fosterers! :oops::lol:

Back