• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clover's Campaign Poem (nothing to do with election!!!)

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I was telling my boys about how some bunnies don't get looked after as well as them, and that people didn't always realise what hard work bunnies could be.

Clover had a good hard think about what I'd said during nap time (it's when he lies and thinks deep thoughts and does his writing) and he said he had written a poem and would I ask our vets to put it up for people to see.

I told him I'd see what you guys think first, in case he'd made any mistakes or left anything out.

This is Clover's Campaign Poem:

A hutch is not enough, oh no,
A rabbit needs much more:
Good food, and piles of sweet fresh hay,
Clean water each and ev’ry day
A partner to adore.
(Don’t put us in with guinea pigs,
It’s not a good idea;
Our temperaments are not the same,
Just thought I’d make that clear!)

We rabbits need a lot of space
To run and jump and play;
We like to stretch and reach up high,
And ‘binky’, if we may.

And please, some toys would be a help
To stop us getting bored.
(No toys in bunny’s hutch will mean
The wood will get all gnawed...)

We’re not a pet to give a child,
We’re not a toy for cuddles.
Hold us, and we’ll get quite wild
And bite and scratch and struggle.

To keep us safe please vaccinate,
And neuter us when young.
Please check our teeth, please check our claws,
Please check our skin for wounds or sores
To keep us fit and strong.

A hutch is not enough, oh no,
A rabbit needs much more:
So think, before you buy a bun,
Of what might be in store....

Last edited:
Clover is a star! really well done Clover I like the rhyming kind best:love:

In fact would Clover mind if I put that up at our vets??

That is JUST BRILLIANT!!!!!

Send it to RWA and to Make Mine Chocolate and to everyone you can think of - it is a brilliant poem!!!!

bunny mad magazine would love to include your peom in the october issue!
i think its fantastic..well done!
if you'd like to do make it nice with one of your pictures..like your beautiful bookmarks that would be great! let me know!

bunny mad magazine would love to include your peom in the october issue!
i think its fantastic..well done!
if you'd like to do make it nice with one of your pictures..like your beautiful bookmarks that would be great! let me know!

Clover has commissioned Dandelion to do a picture to go with it, so when he has done it I'll let you know. Clover is dead chuffed that you like it!

Clover is a VERY clever bunny!

I agree with the other peeps, we should all put a copy up in our local vets!

Clover is a VERY clever bunny!

I agree with the other peeps, we should all put a copy up in our local vets!

Clover: Anyone who would like to print off the poem and put it somewhere like a vets or pet shop is welcome to do so. Gotta go - breakfast is being served!

That's brilliant!!

Princess says when she goes to see the bunny nurse she is going to take it along so it can go on the wall with all the bunny posters :D

That's brilliant!!

Princess says when she goes to see the bunny nurse she is going to take it along so it can go on the wall with all the bunny posters :D

Clover: Thanks Princess. :) Dandelion has nearly finished a picture to illustrate it, but my human isn't very good at scanning things so it might take a while for me to get it on here :roll:

Back