• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anybody help? Bunny in need, Essex. UD she's here

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Someone who comes to me for boarding has phoned up my mum today and asked if we can take their rabbit. He says the daughter doesnt spend any time with her anymore, and she is getting a bit neglected. Made me and mum so sad because she always loved her whenever she came to board.

:(

Mum said "shes called Pepper isnt she?" and the dad said "nobody even calls her by her name anymore".

I cannot remember whether Pepper is spayed or not, i will try to remember. I have contacted Little Angels Rescue in Essex, but if anybody local is looking for a little girly maybe they could intervene and save her taking rescue space?

She is so sweet natured, a really lovely little girl. She is a dark agouti/brown lionhead. around 2 years old.

Last edited:
That was Mums suggestion actually Lou! :lol: I was like BUT MUM WE NEED HIM. I dont know if she is going to agree to him or not so it is a posiblity isnt it?

Little Angels can take him, so i am now asking for a temporary foster for perhaps around 4 weeks?

Aww, I so wish I could. :( I'm always saying I want a piggy called Pepper though, not a bunny! :lol:

Awww, poor little girl :(

Im afraid i am at my full limit :oops:
i did ask... and got a loud NO! no more animals :roll: Ops?

Hope she can get a lovely home soon xx

Is that the lionhead bunny that came with 'two tails'?
I deffinitely remember a Pepper!

Cus the matt was so big she looked like she had another tail? Yeh thats her. A brown lionhead, she was really matted underneath? it would have been august 09 she was last year so pretty sure u would have seen her as u were round lots last summer!

I need some help with this guys, hes been waiting a while and i just worry someone will offer her a home and she will get given away. They are a nice family but they cannot offer her the home she needs. i know she is going to be matted and in need of a good groom.

Can anyone foster her or do a bunny run to a rescue? It would be from my house in Essex the run would begin at you wouldnt have to go their house.

Im desperate. I have emailed the rescue she was going to several times but i think they are so busy with overflowing other rabbits that its just bursting at the seams.

can anybody help?

Little Angels should have some space soon as I'm hopefully taking two bunnies off their hands on Sunday. Though they might have already earmarked the space for someone else.

Hi !:wave:
My OH will probably go crazy - but maybe I can help?
Cant afford any additional vet bills and also dont have any spare hutches....but am happy to foster if some kind of accomadation is provided?

I have 2 dwarflop girls.......who have a hutch and run outside...they are young - about 6 months old so not yet neutered. Full vacs though.

Would Pepper need to be indoors or is she ok outside?
Is she ok with her grooming?
Would she get her vacs before being fostered?
:love:

Last edited:
Normally I'd offer to help SJ but I just can't at the moment - I'm happy to lend out my hutch that is at Hettys if it helps anyone (but even that would have to wait until Hetty is back from hols I guess!)

chelle - I'm always up for helping a bunny in need if I can but to be perfectly honest, if you're in a situation where you have a pair of unspayed females, I would not foster another rabbit at the moment - it's just asking for a fight between your two. They have very acute sense of smell and if they smell another rabbit around (even if you think they are nowhere near each other) it is likely to send their hormones absolutely haywire and you could well end up with a serious fight. It can sometimes be bad enough with neutered rabbits but there's no way I'd risk it with unneutered ones, sorry :oops:

I have been told by another rescue that Little Angels are not taking any more in now for a while as Lucy is heavily pregnant and needs to take it easy for a little while.

Back