• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your buns sleeping patterns

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
My two have quite different sleeping patterns and i'm wondering what the most common patterns are?

Timmy sleeps mostly at night when myself and oh sleep. He has a few little naps during the day but only for a couple of hours maximum. Hes soooo nosy and likes to be in on whatever we're doing! Its funny coz yesterday i had an hours nap during the day and oh said he disappeared under our bed (where they sleep!) when i went to bed and appeared again the minute i got up :lol:

mimi on the other hand is very active in the mornings and evenings but will sleep solidly all day, lkterally from about mid day until about 6ish. I worry about her so when im at home i end up taking her a bowl of hay and some water under the bed :roll::oops: Spoilt little madam ;)

so what are your buns sleeping patterns?
Xxx

Mine are outside, but I get the impression they part a bit at night!

During the day they sleep from 12 - 3 (11 - 12 is grooming time) - I could set my clock by them!

Mine sleep from 11-3 during the day (grooming time is after breakfast until 11)when they wake up for crazy time, then quite again till about 11 at night, then are awake most of the night with another crazy spell around 5 in the morning :roll::roll:

Mine sleep from 11-3 during the day (grooming time is after breakfast until 11)when they wake up for crazy time, then quite again till about 11 at night, then are awake most of the night with another crazy spell around 5 in the morning :roll::roll:

:lol: yeh mine wake up around 5 in the morning aswell as soon as the sun starts coming up. Its their craziest time of the day.
Its funny how alot of ur buns seem to have 'grooming time'! Mine seem to have a little groom of eachother just before they flop out for a nap.
X

A day in the life of Tibbsy and Echo:

6am - 8am: Playing with Mummeh and breakfast :D
9am - 11am: Nomming lots of lovely hay.
11am - 6pm: Snoozing and nomming
6pm - 7pm: Dinner time, and nomming the "treat hay"!
7pm - 9pm: After dinner snooze
9pm - 11pm: Playing games with Mummeh again!:love::love:

11pm - 6am: Trashing Mummeh's house!!

A day in the life of Tibbsy and Echo:

6am - 8am: Playing with Mummeh and breakfast :D
9am - 11am: Nomming lots of lovely hay.
11am - 6pm: Snoozing and nomming
6pm - 7pm: Dinner time, and nomming the "treat hay"!
7pm - 9pm: After dinner snooze
9pm - 11pm: Playing games with Mummeh again!:love::love:

11pm - 6am: Trashing Mummeh's house!!

:lol: im sooo lucky that mine sleep during the night ( well atleast i think they do, either that or theyre very quiet which is highly unusual!)

:lol: im sooo lucky that mine sleep during the night ( well atleast i think they do, either that or theyre very quiet which is highly unusual!)

They're downstairs through two very tightly closed doors so I don't really hear them - unless Mummeh is late with breakfast - in which case Tibbsy bangs her food bowl off the laminate flooring :roll::roll:
The first time she did it I thought someone was shooting at them!! :lol::lol:

It's the mess I come down to in the morning that's the worst - I get up an extra half an hour early to clean them up again! xx

They're downstairs through two very tightly closed doors so I don't really hear them - unless Mummeh is late with breakfast - in which case Tibbsy bangs her food bowl off the laminate flooring :roll::roll:
The first time she did it I thought someone was shooting at them!! :lol::lol:

It's the mess I come down to in the morning that's the worst - I get up an extra half an hour early to clean them up again! xx

Oooh nawty little rascals! They do certainly know how to get what they want out of us dont they! In the mornings whrn timmy wants his breakfast he'll wait patiently right by my bed judt staring at me, he knows i cant resist that face for long :evil::lol:
my bridge bun tilly would just jump on the bed and pest at me until i got up :love:

My pair are are little brats - my OH eats a lot of bananas as he's a runner, but now has to pace up and down the livingroom if he wants to eat them, because if he sits on the sofa he's gets "mugged" for it!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well Princess naps on and off all day :lol: just depeds what she's nosying at

and :lol: Princess bangs her food bowl on the side of the cage to be fed

Mine tend to snooze from 12pmtil around 3ish too - I don't have one pair of rabbits that will come out to freerange during this time, they all prefer to snooze.

My lops, generally they wake up about five and from about 7 start jumping on me for food. I get up about 8 and give them food, they eat they wash, they start snoozing about 11 until about 3 and then pounce on anyone entering the room. Then they take themselves off to bed again at about 10pm.

The lions I don't really know as they live in another room. They seem to wake about the same time and then will have a nap about lunchtime.

Today they've been out on the grass during their usual naptime so they are snoozing now.

Alvin has adapted pretty well to human routine, altho hes so lazy i think he sleeps 99% or the time :shock::shock:

they seem to be active from about 5am - 10am ish eating and playing. they then snooze snooze snooze till about 8pm and they seem to come alive more hay munching. they do take a short break now and then to munch hay inbetween snoozing.

i put them to bed at 11pm and i hear them potting about for another hour then they settle. i have been to the loo about 3am and 4am and they are snoozing then.

i went home yesterday lunch time and holly was so deep in sleep she didnt hear me and even when she woke up she seemed drowsy, really sweet :love::love:

Last edited:
Back