• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any Spare Vibes for Rio U/D Much Better this Morning

PomandRi

Alpha Buck
I desperately need some vibes for my beautiful bunny boy Rio.
He was absolutely fine at 6.30am, ate his curly kale and had a bounce around the garden. At around 8.00am he refused a fenugreek crunchie which is rather unusual but I wasn't too concerned. Then at around 10.00am I found him lying on his side, panting and making little whimpering noises. I rushed him to the vet and he had no gut movements at all that they could hear. They have kept him in and are giving him fluids and medication.

I am so worried for him. Any vibes would be much appreciated. Here is a photo of him so you can direct your vibes:-

PICT0007-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I am so worried. I can't eat and every time the phone rings I feel total panic.

He is such a wuss, he bounces around here as if he owns the place but at the vets he does an impression of a wobbly rabbit jelly. He has never had to stay in at the vets before and in my panic to get him to the vets I didn't even think of taking his bunwife with him.

So he is all alone and afraid!

Thank you to everyone who sent get well vibes to His Bunjesty.

By the end of yesterday Rio still wasn't eating or pooing. However, as he was absolutely terrified at the vets, they agreed that it would probably be better for him to come home as they thought that he was in such a state that he would be unlikely to eat on his own whilst he was there. They would normally have kept him in until they could get him to eat and poo.

So I brought him home with the intention of feeding him Critical Care throughout the night. However, within an hour of getting home he started to nibble a bit of parsley and I have kept on feeding him green stuff every half an hour. He has nibbled a bit every time and he has done a few poos.

So, I am shattered but he seems to be well on the road to recovery. I have to take him back to the vet this morning but I am hopeful that this will just be for the vet to confirm that he is getting there.

Thanks again everyone. :D

Great news! I'm glad he's eating again - I always think that some bunnies must need to be home before they can relax and eat properly - bit like we do if we go into hospital.

Keep us posted! xx

Back