• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Work colleague looking to rehome her rabbit - Yorkshire - bit of progress

paulinejoe

Mama Doe
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but i've just been chatting to a work colleague who with much regret has decided she can no longer keep her bunny George. George lives in Woodlesford, Leeds.

He is approximately one year old, and is a housebun.

He is not neutered and has never had any vaccinations.

She desparately wants him to go to a good home where he can get neutered and vaccinated and will be well looked after.

He is very affectionate and enjoys going in his run in the garden.

George.jpg
[/IMG]

If anyone on here thinks they could offer George a loving home for life then please get in touch. Thanks :)

Last edited:
anyone? What is the best option for her adoption wise if she wants to ensure he goes to a good home rather than just placing an ad in the local papars/shops? Will animal shelters/RSPCA etc take in an unneutered/vaccinated bun? I'd have him myself but i don't have the room and i can't afford a 3rd one :cry: (heaven help my OH if ever we won the lottery there'd be bunnies all over :lol:)

Awww he's lovely, sadly I've got a lil girl that isn't done yet, no other cage etc so couldn't have him :(

I don't know how it works either sorry

Have you placed them on the rabbit rehome website?

If you PM SOAD she will put them on Rabbits in Need part of this forum.

Thanks Janice, i'm just leaving work in a minute but i'll do that first thing in the morning :)

Princessrabbit, he's got his own indoor cage, but yes two not-done yet rabbits is not a good combo! Thanks though ;)

Well, i think i may have found little George a new home, fingers crossed. Another work colleague has a female garden bun of the same age and i'm always dropping not very subtle hints to her that she would be better off with a husbun and also about getting her spayed due to the cancer risks etc....well, i showed her a georges piccie and she thinks he's adorable :love:

She said she's pretty sure she can take him but she's sensibly doing her sums etc and looking into the cost of getting her female bun spayed initially etc She's worried about the bonding process but i've said i'll try and help (after hers has been spayed of course) and also mentioned i might be able to find someone through here that could help too that is more experienced than me at it (I was lucky, my two just took to each other straight away :D) so i'm really hoping she'll say yes and i'll have killed two birds with one stone - George will have a loving permanent home and Bounty (the ladybun) will get spayed and have a husbun - all being well

She would need to get George done asap also as he will mither the living daylights out of the female and trying to bond them may prove a little more difficult.
Would Geoges previous owner not help towards his cost of neutering if this is what she wants for him as it would certainly help your other collegue who is poss going to take him:D

She would need to get George done asap also as he will mither the living daylights out of the female and trying to bond them may prove a little more difficult.
Would Geoges previous owner not help towards his cost of neutering if this is what she wants for him as it would certainly help your other collegue who is poss going to take him:D

yes that's a point, i think she was looking at it solely from a contraceptive/health benefit for Bounty perspective. That's a really good idea about asking my other colleague if she will contribute something towards Georges neutering and or vacs, i know she can't afford the whole lot but even if she could contribute half (which would only be what it would have cost to keep George for a few more months anyway) then that could defiitely sway things - i'll even chip in if necessary, not that i can afford it really but if it helps benefit both buns then would be worth it.

Back