• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dominant bunnies and their slaves

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Isn't it really sad how adoring the slave is when dominant bun doesn't give much in return? I could actually cry for Pickles sometimes, when he's just spent 10 minutes washing his brother but's then completely ignored when he shoves his head hopefully at Ginge for his turn. Just awwww. :(

Last edited:
Yeah I used to get so upset for Gus, he'd groom Poppy for ages, stick his head down for a groom and she'd hop off :roll::roll:

Now I have four it is pretty evenly spread...last night Dinky and Sweetpea were grooming an ear of Gus each :love::love:

Ours mostly groom each other quite well, but yes it's sad when one grooms for ages then gets rejected.

Ours mostly groom each other quite well, but yes it's sad when one grooms for ages then gets rejected.

Have you tried the trick of putting something yummy on the head of the one who doesn't get groomed so that the other will lick it off and maybe start grooming?

carlo used to Groom Bobby all the time, he still does but he gets the odd few lickies back now:D

Also if carlo grooms me.. Bobby thumps and grunts... jealous:lol:

Aaaw, mine are about equal now, but Pipkin does still ignore Ruby's requests for head rubs sometimes. It's quite funny to watch. Her head just gets lower... and lower... and eventually Pipkin will just hop off. She always looks very disappointed.
I think it's because she's too demanding though. Pipkin doesn't ask for nearly as much off her, so maybe he gives her the cold shoulder sometimes to balance it out a bit :lol:

Aww bless poor thing, I think if I got another Princess would definatly be the dominant one :lol: she thumped this morning because Angel (my 3yr old) was eating cornflakes

I used to feel so sorry for Eeyore sometimes when he'd wait for ages for a groom, he was always desperate for attention from her. She's nicer to Alvin, he has character too so when she gets too bossy he tells her off :lol:

Aww that is so sad! :( Poor Pickles.

I feel like that for my dog Maddy. See if we've been out walking and we get soaked, she'll lick Todd dry before starting on herself :love: but he never does it for her!

hmmm

Whereas in the human world...

... oh dear - it's pretty much the same! Some are givers. Some are takers. Lucky ones manage a balance. :)

Whereas in the human world...

... oh dear - it's pretty much the same! Some are givers. Some are takers. Lucky ones manage a balance. :)

In thr rabbit/human world I must be incredibly lucky. It's not 50/50. I stroke him more than he grooms me, but I get a pre face wash every night!! (I'm very glad his bristly whisker has moulted - it tickled)

When I was re-bonding ours, I did try the peanut butter and then banana on their heads. Strangely, it didn't seem to work until they had actually bonded, then they discovered the patches of peanut butter and banana and licked off what was left.

I must say now they have rebonded it's lovely to look in the hutch and see them grooming. We always say, 'Good boy... nice bunny...' etc and try to praise them for grooming and being nice to each other. No idea if that helps or if they even understand they are being praised.

Back