• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could Ron and Eva have vibes please? - both Ok

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
both Ron and Eva are off to the vets tonight, and staying in tomorrow for various tests, Eva is still sneezing like mad and has now developed a bald patch on her back and Ron's eyes are weeping more than ever and the discharge has now turned white rather than clear, and one or both of them are consuming vast quantities of water, over a litre a day! Eva is now 5 and Ron is 9

Last edited:
Thanks Guys, i will be waiting for a call this afternoon to see whats what, i think i scared the pants off the vet, it was a new one and i don't think she was quite prepared for an owner like me who basically told her what i wanted her to do, fortunatly hazel was consulting in the next room and the vet went and checked with her and Linsdey the vet nurse was in the consultation with me and was well prepared.
So the list of things is pretty big, Eva is having scans and x-rays to have a look at her lungs as although the sneezing has stopped she sounds gravelly, their taking swaps of the nasel discharge as well and she has mites as well so i on panamec for those, although i am disappointed to say that even hazel is reluctant to give any other ab's than baytril for Eva's chest and i don't suppose i can make them give her anything else.
Ron, bless his little feet, is having his tear ducts (can't remember the proper name) checked to make sure they are draining properly, which i can tell you they are not, so he's also having them flushed whilst he's under GA, he's also having blood taken as we suspect that it's Ron who's drinking has increased. The vet wanted to give me fucithalmic for his eyes but i said as he was being put under a GA for the bloods i would rather his eyes were checked and flushed at the same time to save him having to be put under again, the vet wanted to put them in seperate cages so that she could monitor their drinking bu t i refused, poor ron would be so stressed if he couldn't snuggle his Eva.
And their both having their nails clipped as i've lost my nail clippers!

Ok so eva's x-rays are fine, the pasturella is just not shifting so it's a management job on that. Both of their bloods have been tested and the only thing is a high glucose level which can be caused by stress so the vets don't think that's anything to worry about Ron however! Both his tear ducts are blocked, his left his really erally bad and can't be unblocked but his right has been flushed and is now unblocked, this has been caused by his teeth, Hazel is somewhat perplexed though as his teeth on the right hand side were far worse than the teeth on his left, Hazel has removed the spurs and all should be ok, i just need to encourage Ron to eat more hay hmmmmm that could be tricky! anyway they've both come round and are eating away. I never once suspected Ron's teeth as the only thing wrong was his eyes, no drooling or not eating nothing. I am going to collect them at 5pm YAY

Back