• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stanley- A Bit of a Miracle :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
After nearly losing Stanley to Pneumonia over the weekend I am delighted to report that he is now doing very well :) What's most amazing is that he has NOT needed any diuretic for almost 48 hours. He had a long acting steroid on Sunday, so that will still be having an effect along with his Depocillin which he has every 48 hours. On Monday Stan spent most of the time lying down, neck extended and mouth open :cry: There were many times that I picked up the phone to call the Emergency Vet to request PTS for Stan :cry:

But once he had the diuretic he improved rapidly. I assumed it'd be a case of him being on it for however long he has left. It was 11 months for Sarah who had the same problem. But Stan has had a total of three shots of Frusemide, the last being a half dose on Tuesday evening.

I cant believe how well he's doing atm and just wanted to tell you :)

Stan must be one staunch bun!
And of course he's had a super-carer fighting his corner.
Well done both of you. :)

Back