• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Patrick just scared the life out of me!

Patrick flops, lays still for about 30seconds, trys to get up, pulls himself along on his front paws for about half the length of the room, i start to bubble and panic and hobble off to find the number for the emergancy vet!

Hes still doing it when i get back upstairs, so i pick up the phone start to dial (stil crying) and the little fuzzball sits him self up mad dashes around the room and jumps up on the bed!

Safe to say im keeping a vey close eye on him and am now rather worried! although he is himself and is eating i spyed him drink and he ate pellets and a piece of brocoli from o/h hands. and hes def pooped and tinkled since (on me)

Could this be anything? Should i be booking a vets appointment?

xxxx

One of the buns I care for once a week does something that sounds similar to what Patrick has just done & he is actually only stretching! Thats if I've envisaged what you describe correctly. Texas often converts a flop into a stretch by rolling chest down then stays like that in another flop with his hind legs out behind him.
It looks pretty odd & is exactly the same as our dearly departed English bull terriers used to do too. Actually really common for all the 'bull' breed dogs to do this.
It does sound like Patrick is otherwise fine.

Back