• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How should I convince my parents to let me get Bentley a girlfriend?

AriaSwan

Warren Scout
Bentley is currently living alone, and he is a neutered male. I just saw a gorgeous pale grey lionhead with darker gray feet, ears and nose, and she is a spayed female who is the same age as Bentley. And a lionhead like him. It's a perfect match. She also comes with a huge cage and all her supplies, and her neutering papers, for 60 bucks. Money is not an issue, and she seems perfect, but my parents aren't sure. What is soem good information to show them that Bentley should have a partner? :wave:

Bentley is currently living alone, and he is a neutered male. I just saw a gorgeous pale grey lionhead with darker gray feet, ears and nose, and she is a spayed female who is the same age as Bentley. And a lionhead like him. It's a perfect match. She also comes with a huge cage and all her supplies, and her neutering papers, for 60 bucks. Money is not an issue, and she seems perfect, but my parents aren't sure. What is soem good information to show them that Bentley should have a partner? :wave:

What about looking up any good internet help site about rabbits - they will all say that rabbits are sociable animals and should have a partner to keep them happy. Go into Rabbit Welfare Association site. Failing that show them this picture of my two and ask them do they really want to deprive Bentley of a little wife bun. Benson loves his little wife - Lola. Tell them it makes for a much happier bun. Of course you will have to look into how to bond two rabbits as folks on here will tell you - it doesn't always go smoothly, not just a matter of saying here's your new wife Bently!! Are you able to spend the time bonding two rabbits, do you have the extra space and money?? If so, he will luuuuuuuuuve a little wife!! Tell them I said so!!!!!!

feb10048.jpg

What about looking up any good internet help site about rabbits - they will all say that rabbits are sociable animals and should have a partner to keep them happy. Go into Rabbit Welfare Association site. Failing that show them this picture of my two and ask them do they really want to deprive Bentley of a little wife bun. Benson loves his little wife - Lola. Tell them it makes for a much happier bun. Of course you will have to look into how to bond two rabbits as folks on here will tell you - it doesn't always go smoothly, not just a matter of saying here's your new wife Bently!! Are you able to spend the time bonding two rabbits, do you have the extra space and money?? If so, he will luuuuuuuuuve a little wife!! Tell them I said so!!!!!!

feb10048.jpg

We definetly have space, we have a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom all to them. He's also been really bored lately, and summer is coming so I'll have tons of time to bond them.

We definetly have space, we have a kitchen, bedroom and bathroom all to them. He's also been really bored lately, and summer is coming so I'll have tons of time to bond them.

Well then I suggest you start asking now and don't stop until they get sick listening to you and let you get him a little wife. He'd love it. Do you think you have a chance?

Well then I suggest you start asking now and don't stop until they get sick listening to you and let you get him a little wife. He'd love it. Do you think you have a chance?

I think I may have some chance, but only if the rabbit is a good deal and I make sure it doesn't wreck anyything. Bentley chewed a laptop charger once while I went to the bathroom, and then my parents got really mad, but they also said I couldn't have a bunny, and look at me now. :lol:

I would show them photos of loved up bunnehs on here. I had a lone female for 7 years who was extremely loved by me and fam however we look at my two now and realise how happy they are with each other. I think with most rabbits its the most natural thing for them :)

I would show them photos of loved up bunnehs on here. I had a lone female for 7 years who was extremely loved by me and fam however we look at my two now and realise how happy they are with each other. I think with most rabbits its the most natural thing for them :)

Yes, he gets bored when I'm at school, so I think it would be good for him. :D

:wave: Can't you get them to come and look-see on here? Maybe ask a few questions for themselves?

My boy Feegal was on his own for a year, then I got Sally from a rescue (who bonded them for me), and he is so happy now and not such a pest:lol:

Most buns really do love company, as you know!

I would be really proud if you were my daughter, as it is a really positive thing you are trying to do:thumb:

:wave: Can't you get them to come and look-see on here? Maybe ask a few questions for themselves?

My boy Feegal was on his own for a year, then I got Sally from a rescue (who bonded them for me), and he is so happy now and not such a pest:lol:

Most buns really do love company, as you know!

I would be really proud if you were my daughter, as it is a really positive thing you are trying to do:thumb:

I showed them pictures of siggys, and showed them how every rabbit had a companion. :D And I ask them all the time. :lol: And thanks! I spend alot of time with him, but I think he'd like it.

Back