• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question on behalf of the other half!

Smithyrock

Warren Scout
It's official! My bunny loves me!:love::love::love: He licks me, nudges me for loves, jumps on my knee, runs around my feet when I walk around, follows me room to room etc etc etc, it's like a really cheesy romance but I'm smitten! But... he doesn't like my other half! He'll eat out of his hand but if he isn't giving him a nibble he sniffs his finger, quickly shakes his head then runs away. He leaves the house after me on a morning and sometimes ends up chasing him out of the living room (not bunny proof) before work and he thinks Benjy doesn't like him because of this. I can make sudden movements etc which rarely bother him but if my oh does he runs away immediately and occasionally stamps at him!

Anyhooo.... he wants to know how to win Benjy over. I've offered the general advice given on here to win their trust (e.g. go down to their level, talk quietly, give little treats etc etc. He's concerned he isn't making much progress but I said I'd ask you guys anyhoo.:D

Trying lying on the floor and let Benjy spend some times investigating him. You could also give him the job of providing dinner.. that's a good way to win a bun over.

is your bunny neutered? If not he may love you rather too passionately and see your OH as a rival in love!

No he's not, he's never tried to hump me but defo loves me!!! Funny you should say that Parsnip, he's getting done tomorrow! Taking him in at 8:30 and all being well collecting him at 4:30 for some weekend TLC! Send good vibes!
:D:D:D

When he's done you can bond him with a girlie bun, then maybe she'll be your hubby's favourite and he won't feel left out? :lol:

Last edited:
You read my mind! I'm in touch with a rescue centre and once I get the stress of this weekend over I'll be contacting them about a play mate!:love::love:
Only problem then is I have to convince OH to let me have two indoor rabbits, don't think he would mind if it was another small one (Benjy is a dwarf) but think I'll have a struggle on my hands otherwise. He said He's happy for two but if bigger would defo have to stay outside and although Benjy goes out i his run on nice days I love having him indoors of an evening where he gets a fuss made of him, it's part of the reason I think he's super friendly.:D

Well...he's home and eating (phew) but looking very sorry for himself.:(
Vets were fantastic, I'm really pleased with them and he goes back for a check up Monday. Will be keeping a very close eye on him over weekend. Luckily (to some extent) I had a horrendous day at work so managed to occupy my mind to some extent. Vet said he was very attractive, very well behaved with lovely personality...had to say I agreed!:love::love::love:

Awww, glad all went well! Good luck looking for a girlie bun - I'm sure there's one out there perfect for you. :D

Both non-smokers. Feel pretty sad, he's eating/ moving fine but is really nervous around me and quite jumpy which he just didn't used to be at all. Is this the way it will be now or just a bit freaked out by his ordeal?:(

What does Misty bun do to the vet?

Back