• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stalky Dust Free Hay not stalky!

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
I have just treated my buns to some stalky dust free hay but it is not at all stalky, it is very soft :(

I have had stalky DFH before and it really gave the buns something to get their teeth stuck into, I am really dispointed.

I emailed DFH:

"Hi There

Thank you for the prompt delivery of our hay last week - large bale of stalky dust free hay.

However I wanted to email and let you know that I was disappointed with it, I know that hay varies a lot, however I have had stalky hay from you in the past and it was just that - stalky, this hay is soft.

I am very lucky that I have a local farm where I buy bales of hay for £3 and it is great quality, not even dusty, but I thought that it would be nice to treat my bunnies to some nice stalky hay to give their teeth a good work out. I have to say that the farm hay is stalkier and they prefer it to yours.

Sorry to moan but I have wasted £26.99 and I thought that you should be aware of my dissatisfaction."

Just got this reply:

"Hello,

Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the hay.

The whole package we offer ie the quality of the hay, next day delivery and general convenience does appeal to people who buy it,and your right you are very lucky to have a local farmer who can supply you with good quality hay,most of our customers come to us because they cannot."

:shock::shock::shock:

I'm quite shocked by the response to say the least.

Anyone else noticed that the stalky is soft? I wonder if they sent the wrong bag?

:shock: what bad customer service. email back saying you'll never use them again! you were perfectly polite was no need to respond that way...

i got a 10 bale of 5 soft and 5 stalky and they didn't say which was which! i opened them and can't tell!!! i thought i was going mad!

i also got one bale split open so can't use it, and emailed and was asked about the sacks and how they could be made better. i wasn't offered another replacement or a refund!

they are usually nice but they seem a bit blunt on replies recently. :?

Is that all the reply email said? No sorry you were dissapointed or anything? Thats appauling customer service :? xXx

I'd email back and say that that's not a satisfactory reply and that you are dissatisfied with their product. It doesn't matter if you have a farmer nearby or not! If the product is substandard, it is substandard.

What colour were the tags on your sack? Black is normally stalky and white is soft if that helps anyone to identify what they have got.

Well that's put me right off. :?

I was thinking of 'treating' my buns' to a large bale of stalky hay next time they are due a bale but I don't think I'll bother now!

That reply was rather rude in my opinion. Maybe now they have a firm customer base (given that hay shortages left, right and centre will be driving people to use them.....) they aren't so bothered about customer service. They should be careful; complacency is not good for business. They've probably just lost mine! :p

Though I may buy the DFH in bags from HolidayHutch - if they bales aren't really stalky I may as well just buy the bagged stuff instead.

Well that's put me right off. :?

I was thinking of 'treating' my buns' to a large bale of stalky hay next time they are due a bale but I don't think I'll bother now!

That reply was rather rude in my opinion. Maybe now they have a firm customer base (given that hay shortages left, right and centre will be driving people to use them.....) they aren't so bothered about customer service. They should be careful; complacency is not good for business. They've probably just lost mine! :p

Though I may buy the DFH in bags from HolidayHutch - if they bales aren't really stalky I may as well just buy the bagged stuff instead.

I'd definitely recommend Animal Magic Pet Supplies (HolidayHutch)! They provide excellent quality of products and great service! :D

I'd definitely recommend Animal Magic Pet Supplies (HolidayHutch)! They provide excellent quality of products and great service! :D

Lol well I have complete confidence in them already - the buns' are going to stay with 'Anty Lynne' for the week next week whilst we're on our hols! :p

But thank you very much for the recommendation - it's always nice to hear. :)

That's outrageous Customer Service!!! I'm due to make an order with them shortly but Im a bit worried now!!!

Hanlou I'll sort you out a free sample of the DFH we use here for the buns and piggies and they can try it out whilst they stay here too see if they like it;)

Thank you everyone for your replies - it is good to know that I am not over reacting - sometimes I think that it is just me and I expect too much. :roll:

At the end of the day £26.99 is a lot of money for hay that is not as described.

Hanlou I'll sort you out a free sample of the DFH we use here for the buns and piggies and they can try it out whilst they stay here too see if they like it;)

Aw thanks! That would be brilliant! My lot are such greedy things I'm sure they'll happily scoff it lol. Every vague rustle of a bag and the pigs squeak for England and the buns' are jumping up on their hind legs! At bed-time the other day Jack went and sat underneath the 'treat box' looking up at the box pointedly as if to say - "just go to bed and give us our treat!" :lol:

I am really worried I have just bought exact same thing, two large bales of stalky hay for 26.99

Any way I can cancel my order?? :shock: paid through pay pal

just wanted to say that i don't think norman sent that email to you. and the blunt one i had didn't seem like him either. he is normally really polite and always puts 'regards' or his name on the end. maybe someone else has been emailing :?

anyway, i got a refund for the split sack i received now.

i have never had any problems with them before, or the customer service, so people thinking about buying from them, i still would. :)

just wanted to say that i don't think norman sent that email to you. and the blunt one i had didn't seem like him either. he is normally really polite and always puts 'regards' or his name on the end. maybe someone else has been emailing :?

It was from Norman - he put at the end:

"All the best

Norman"

I just missed that bit when I copied and pasted it :oops:

Anyway I just had an email to say that he is going to send out another one out to me today (can't complain about that) so I am really hoping that it will be nice and stalky.

I will let you know!

It was from Norman - he put at the end:

"All the best

Norman"

I just missed that bit when I copied and pasted it :oops:

Anyway I just had an email to say that he is going to send out another one out to me today (can't complain about that) so I am really hoping that it will be nice and stalky.

I will let you know!

ah right, maybe he was having a bad day!! :?

good you are getting another one sent out! vibes for stalkiness! :lol:

I bought the 5 packs of dust free hay- it says yours are out of stock- i'll come to you next time though :)

I bought the 5 packs of dust free hay- it says yours are out of stock- i'll come to you next time though :)

We have loads of it here, will update our online stock records, you'll get free delivery too. If ever anything is showing as out of stock just give us a shout as it maybe we've just not had chance to update the records :) All sales from RU members generate 5% of the profit of sales to the BARC bunnies too:D

Last edited:
Back