• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it that....................

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
When your on your way to the vets, your bunny is scared to death- sat there shaking like a leaf..........and as soon as you leave for home they ae hopping about in the box happy as larry...........Do they know? Do they understand they are going home again?

AND

Why do bunnies not come by you when its your intention to pick them up but when its your intention to stroke them they are all over you? How do they know what my hand is going to do???

?????? I think they are more clever than we give them credit..................

sebastian LOVES getting into his carrycase except when i put the door back on and put it in the run to get him inside, he refuses to get in, i think he knows he's going back inside :)

When I had Mable he was chasing her about a bit. Mable was tiny so she ran under the hutch door... Charlie ran straight INTO the hutch door. And then looked confused about what the hutch door was doing there, despite me ALWAYS opening the same side of hte hutch!
After that, I will never have faith in his intelligence again :lol:

I use their carry cases for taking too and from the run so sometimes it's: carry case = runtime!! Woohoo. And sometimes it's: carry case = in time, quick let's scarper.

Mine are always quiet in the car whichever way we're going, too or from the vets. They just don't like the car and the confined space much.

You approach differently depending what you are planning to do and the bunnies pick up on your body language so they can predict what your are about to do and act accordingly.

After being out at the vet, the carrier begins to seem like quite a nice cosy hiding place after all :lol:

Raisin escaped during his last checkup and was running around the vets room for 5 minutes before being lured back into capture with a treat!

We've never had a problem getting them into the carrier though :)

You approach differently depending what you are planning to do and the bunnies pick up on your body language so they can predict what your are about to do and act accordingly.

Yeah this. I always stroke mine before picking them up. Puts them off the scent so to speak ;)

I try not to fuss to muc i strap his cage (soft type) nice and dark drive slower steadier no music, he plays up if i fuss to much

I remember when I first went to my new vets with Honey and she got away from my vet, honey = panicy bunny ended up waiting 15mins for her to calm down before picking her back up again. It was rather embarassing.
But mine don't seem to care or mind, Blue loves my vet hes always giving her kisses :lol:

I remember when I first went to my new vets with Honey and she got away from my vet, honey = panicy bunny ended up waiting 15mins for her to calm down before picking her back up again. It was rather embarassing.
But mine don't seem to care or mind, Blue loves my vet hes always giving her kisses :lol:

im so jelous.......... mine hate it and they get the 'runny stress nose'

Back