• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tonight is the night! U/d big fight in 1st 5 seconds :(

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
I bond Waffle and Radish. Just want yo check I'm not missing anything.

I'm disinfecting the 120 cage for bonding tonight with a water and vinegar solution.
I have a water spray bottle on hand for fights.
I have hay, megazorb and newspaper to cover the floor of the cage.
Will be cleansing everything else over the space of 48 hrs including rugs and sofa and Radish's fav chairs.
I have until next Wednesday off work
I have the sofa ready for sleeping on. (Although tomorrow night me and OH will both be up watching election results anyway)

So have I forgotten anything obvious?

Last edited:
You sound well prepared!!..
I found noms are a good distraction if they are getting a bit heated!

Good Luck xx

You sound well prepared!!..
I found noms are a good distraction if they are getting a bit heated!

Good Luck xx

I have carroties and fenugreek crunchies on standby :lol:

thanks for the well wishes fingers crossed it all goes ok. I will keep you all posted.

I usually feed them about 5 pm ish when I get home from work. Should I do this before putting them together or will feeding them just after putting them together be a good icebreaker?

Instant disaster they had and almighty rolling around and fur pulling session I will not be trying again. Radish just wasn't having it.

Oooh no :(

Perhaps the cage wasn't neutral enough? (I know you said you disinfected it, but perhaps there are bite marks on it, which would also be a mark of territory?)

PS, if that's a duvet cover that Radish is lying on, I have the same one! :oops:

Oooh no :(

Perhaps the cage wasn't neutral enough? (I know you said you disinfected it, but perhaps there are bite marks on it, which would also be a mark of territory?)

PS, if that's a duvet cover that Radish is lying on, I have the same one! :oops:

They didn't even get time to explore the cage. Waffle started humping radish who got upset and they went into full on fight mode. I sprayed them with water and Radish took a breather and just started going at her again :( I can't do this again. :(

Can you get someone else to do it? totally neutral, all new place, experienced bonder who doesnt have an emotional attachment to them, might work better???

Can you get someone else to do it? totally neutral, all new place, experienced bonder who doesnt have an emotional attachment to them, might work better???

I consider sending them away for bonding later in the year again. But it was a full on fight so I'm doubtful it will work tbh I think Radish doesn't want to be dominated.

really sorry to hear this:( same happened to me with my 2 and i was gutted but i'd tried everything i was advised to do by different people, even the experienced bonders. mine just wasn't meant to be but i have 2 happier bunnies now:)

Waffle is now back to trashing her room. :roll:

Although her poops have shrunk in size a bit so I will keep an eye on her pooping over night.

aww sorry it didnt work! :cry::cry::cry:

I would recommend sending them away for bonding - experienced bonders know what they are looking for and the buns are out of their own enviroment..

yeah, it took me months to bond Theo and Cleo. They lived like this for a while :

bond.jpg

and i pinned them down on my lap like so...........

us3.jpg

taking in turns to stroke, swapping hands to spread the scent.

Try re-introduction in the bath where it is too slippy to fight- or in a moving vehicle............

I did read in a bonding guide on another forum that 'forced snuggling' can help during bonding. I did it with ours - just held them closely together, stroking them. They are scared and huddle together for comfort. You are transfering the scent between them and forcing them together makes them tolerate each other.

Back