• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Longest rescue resident??

Mrs Ord

Mama Doe
Question for the rescues and fosterers on here.

Whats the longest you've had a rabbit in your care for? and who is with you now and has been for the longest?

I'll be looking for a castrated boy in about two to three months for Dex (provided all goes well with Lilly and Carlisle because he seems to love Dex and might want to be with her instead :? so then I'll want a husbun for Lilly such a love triangle at the min!!)

Lilly is spayed. Carlisle is in at the end of this month then Dex the month after so then the search will be on for another boy (shhh don't tell the OH)

Anyway I'd like to give a home to a boy who's been overlooked for a long time.

No, unfortunately. Its best to give Celia a ring to ask what she has. I think there are normally near 100 bunnies there so hopefully they should have something suitable :)

She does have a few listed on rabbit rehome, this the number 01623 753883

Last edited:
My three girls that I adopted recently were at Kirkby for almost 2 years.

Celia does have lots of bunnies, usually between 80-100, and many of them will have been there for a considerable length of time. :(

It would be a good idea to give Celia a ring and have a chat. She does normally like to meet people in person though before rehoming.

I go there every Friday morning to give Celia a hand, let me know if I can be of any help.

Tracy
x

Could you maybe ask who she's had the longest (castrated boys) He would be to go with a little uppy eared girl. She's pretty fiesty so he would need to be able to handle himself and keep her in check :lol: She migh calm down after her spay though. I'd also prefer another uppy eared bunny so there;s less for her to get her teeth in to.

Could you maybe ask who she's had the longest (castrated boys) He would be to go with a little uppy eared girl. She's pretty fiesty so he would need to be able to handle himself and keep her in check :lol: She migh calm down after her spay though. I'd also prefer another uppy eared bunny so there;s less for her to get her teeth in to.

OK - I'll ask Celia on Friday.

I'll take my camera too, so that I can take some piccies of suitable bunnies. ;)

That would be fab. Any type would do really as long as he can handle her. She is very small though nethie size. I thought she would grow but she never really has. My OH has friends down in Nottingham (Orston) and we visit everynow and then so a visit could be tied in with a visit to Kirkby and then I can be vetted.

Does anyone know how far Kirkby is from West Bridgford in Nottingham???

My husbands family live there and so Kirkby would hopefully be an option for me when looking for a g/friend for PipDiddy!!

Does anyone know how far Kirkby is from West Bridgford in Nottingham???

My husbands family live there and so Kirkby would hopefully be an option for me when looking for a g/friend for PipDiddy!!

About 15 miles or so. Kirkby is in the Mansfield direction, so you'd probably go up the A60 from West Bridgford.

That would be fab. Any type would do really as long as he can handle her. She is very small though nethie size. I thought she would grow but she never really has. My OH has friends down in Nottingham (Orston) and we visit everynow and then so a visit could be tied in with a visit to Kirkby and then I can be vetted.

Thats great, it would be wonderful to see another long term Kirkby bunny rehomed:D I hope it all works out and you find the perfect match :love:

I mentioned you to Celia when I was there this morning and told her that you were looking for a little lad who had been a long-stay resident at a rescue.

The lad that has been at Kirkby the longest is the brother of the three girls who I adopted from there recently (the reason I chose these three sisters was because they had been there for such a long time). He has been in the rescue for almost 2 years now. :( He's a lop though - I know you said you would prefer an uppy-eared bun. He's the same colour as my Daisy who is the grey and white one in the pics in this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=222245 He'll be coming up to 2 years old, they were only a couple of months old when they came into the rescue. :(

There's a little one-eared lad who is a particular favourite of mine :love: He's a friendly and confident little bun. I'm not sure how long he's been there, but it will be at least 6 months as that's how long I've been helping out and he's always been there. There's a pic of him here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=220686

There are lots of boys who have been at Kirkby for varying lengths of time, so it would definitely be worth a visit so that you can see their personalities and get a better idea of who might be the best match for your little girl.

Tracy
x

I mentioned you to Celia when I was there this morning and told her that you were looking for a little lad who had been a long-stay resident at a rescue.

The lad that has been at Kirkby the longest is the brother of the three girls who I adopted from there recently (the reason I chose these three sisters was because they had been there for such a long time). He has been in the rescue for almost 2 years now. :( He's a lop though - I know you said you would prefer an uppy-eared bun. He's the same colour as my Daisy who is the grey and white one in the pics in this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=222245 He'll be coming up to 2 years old, they were only a couple of months old when they came into the rescue. :(

There's a little one-eared lad who is a particular favourite of mine :love: He's a friendly and confident little bun. I'm not sure how long he's been there, but it will be at least 6 months as that's how long I've been helping out and he's always been there. There's a pic of him here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=220686

There are lots of boys who have been at Kirkby for varying lengths of time, so it would definitely be worth a visit so that you can see their personalities and get a better idea of who might be the best match for your little girl.

Tracy
x

Sorry I took so long to check up on this thread :oops:

2 years oh poor little boy thats the longest I've ever heard of. I don't care what he looks like just less temptation for my little girl if his ears are out of the way :lol:

Well Lilly is done, Carlisle at the end of this month then I'll book Dex in for the end of next month. I'll give Carlisle time to heal then try him with Lilly. If they don't work I'll try him with Dex and see what happens surely one of my girls will have him right!? Then it'll be time for boy number 2. I'm definately interested in taking on the boy who's been there two years. Just see if he's still there when the time comes.

Thanks Tracey. :D

Back