• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Impressed with vets U/D very quiet after jab

Becca24

Mama Doe
Pip had an appt for his VHD jab today, whilst I was there last week regarding his possible mites or reaction to myxi jab I asked if instead of using cylap (sp?) they could use lapinject instead they said they would look into it for me as they didnt have it there as they always use cylap.

When I got there today we looked over the lumps behind his neck which have really got alot better so I am thinking more of a reaction than mites, anyway I really didnt think they would have lapinject for me but they did! :D So was really pleased that they actually bothered to get it in especially for me!

Just wanted to share with you!

Last edited:
He's very quiet after his jab, just sitting around!! Is that normal after VHD jab??

Hollie was fine with both jabs but Jack was fairly subdued for about 48 hrs after his VHD jab - he was a bit subdued with his Myxi but definitely much more so after his VHD. So long as he is eating, drinking and pooing I'd say it's a normal reaction. Good for your vets and good for you for asking!

I never thought about it tbh - :oops: - but will definitely ask next time they're due as my vet uses Cylap too and I'd prefer them to use lapinject.

I really didnt think they would have lapinject for me but they did! :D So was really pleased that they actually bothered to get it in especially for me!

That's fantastic! I've been trying to persuade my vets to get some in for me.

Hope your bun feels a bit bouncier soon. :D

Pips fine, I think he sulks until he has had his veg, he lurves his veg! :lol:

Another good thing is Lapinject is only due once a year as opposed to every 6 months so saves a little bit of money too, which is always handy! :)

Back