• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tree branches/twigs

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Hiya

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure I'm looking after Mitzy as best I can.

I've read that its ok to put some tree branches in with bunnies for them to play with, chew on etc.

Are there any tree branches that aren't safe for bunnies??

Also, do I have to disinfect them before I give them to her?? (I know with birds you have to do this but wasn't sure about bunnies).

Thanks

Jo x

Hiya

Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make sure I'm looking after Mitzy as best I can.

I've read that its ok to put some tree branches in with bunnies for them to play with, chew on etc.

Are there any tree branches that aren't safe for bunnies??

Also, do I have to disinfect them before I give them to her?? (I know with birds you have to do this but wasn't sure about bunnies).

Thanks

Jo x

i never disinfect them, i give apple, willow, nut tree branches i think most fruit trees are ok i have a feeling iread somewhere that plum tree was a no no though?! i wouldnt give things like oak etc.

Do a search for other threads on this subjet :wave:

I give apple twigs/branches from my garden so I know no pesticides so I don't wash them or anything.

I understand Pear tree's are ok but not any "stoned" fruit ie plums, nectarines.

Back