• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burping

Does your rabbit burp? :lol:

When Princess has had a nice long drink, sometimes she'll then stop and open her mouth (hard to explain) just like we do when we burp :lol:

Yeah I don't think Rabbits can pass wind. Could it be that she is drinking too fast and is therefore out of breath??

I think I know what you mean. Delilah does it when she is really thirsty and gollops the water down too quickly.

Well she doesn't make a noise etc like we do, she'll go to her water and have a good greedy drink and then walk away and like when they yawn, but she sort of brings her back up too

quite hard to explain

Dylan did that. But I never thought of it as burping. I imagine they can't burp, as they can't vomit.. and it's kind of similar

rabbits can't burp, I am certain about that, but they can DEFINITELY pass wind from down below.... PHEWWOOO :lol::lol::lol:

my big old bun used to do something resembling a burp but silent..and it was just a way of her going..omg ive drunk too much too fast.....im still trying to swallow it!!:lol:

yes sadly buns cannot burp as it requires the same set of muscles etc that vomiting takes. And saldy buns cannot vomit or wed not lose so many with stasis etc.

the big drawback of not being able to burp..is the gas has to escpae somewhere....pooeeee bunny guffs....:lol:

Back