• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any ideas for soft run additions?

Hi,

Just finished the new bunny accommodation for the Four Amigos - Blakey is LOVING the sunny bit - don't think she's moved in an hour, bless :love:

I don't have pics yet as the camera has gone AWOL but will post as soon as I find it.

Just need some ideas of what to put in it now!!!!

We've lino'd he floor for ease of cleaning and I wanted to put in some nice soft places for them to sit to save their little hocks but when I've tried putting in a few towels they've just pee'd all over them (even though they have two litter trays!! :roll: )

Anyone have any suggestions of what I can use that they won't think is a new toilet?

Tammy x

My boys love their bits of fleece blanket - they lie snuggled on it looking very comfy! They haven't peed on it, but even if they did they're so easy to wash :D

how about a soft tunnel for kittens? or put in a digging box? or cardboard boes for hiding in? a cat bed maybe or a mini chair with cushion on? x

Mine just seem to like sitting in bedding hay. They are very good though and pee in the litter tray so I don't have to keep mucking out the shed every day - just the litter tray. They snuggle up side by side in their bedding hay and num num num all around themselves!! I'm happier giving them natural products as Lola is a little chewer and I worry she might make herself ill if she had blankets or cushions etc. Would be nice though.

I got a hay bale for them the other day and they like to sit on it and munch. I also sit on it - but I don't munch it!! Although I've just started a diet and am eating much the same as the rabbits at the mo!! :oops:

I got a hay bale for them the other day and they like to sit on it and munch. I also sit on it - but I don't munch it!! Although I've just started a diet and am eating much the same as the rabbits at the mo!! :oops:

:lol::lol::lol:

Diets are great for that aren't they? I;m sure mine always get more excited when I start one cos they can see all kind of leafy greens and veg going int he fridge and think it's for them :D

I saw Blackberry's chair fo her boys and thought it was really cute so will be looking out for one of those - and also the wicker/grass bin idea - perfect! Barnaby and Bo used to love this little grass tunnel you can get in P@H and it was sometimes the only source of hay Bo would eat so it's very close to the grass tunnel so will try that.

Bunlover's idea of a digging box is ace ... bit worried that they may use it as another litter tray though - Bunlover, what do you put in yours?

Whilst I had been deciding what to put in I just put a carry case in for Blakeyand Bingley for somewhere for them to hide in and jump on etc and the towel for somewhere to snuggle on ... when I rang the OH from work he asked if I'd put in their 'hutch' hay (Iuse different hay for them to eat and different stuff to sit on) to the run - said no ..... he laughed and said that Bingley had taken ALL the hay out of the hutch, put it in the run and had made himself a little nest out of it and was sat in it looking very pleased with himself. He's done it again today!!! Cleared all hay out of run, re-stocked the hutch so it was nice and comfy - boomph - 10 mins later not one bit of hay left in hutch - all in run. Think that has answered my own question for comfy seatings for them - they've just told me :love: :lol:

A carrier without the door on, with some hay to munch or a blanket? gives them shade/rain shelter and gets them more comfy around their carrier

Mine have some thick foam squares, a mini couch, woolen carpet squares & some fleece blankets - which they chew patterns in :roll:

Back