• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does castration change their personailty?

parkfieldstud

Warren Scout
Reason I ask is fingers crossed Randy will be going in for a dental and they asked if i would like to get him castrated at the time i said i wasn't sure. He follows me everywhere usually trying to hump my leg arm what ever he can get hold off :oops: this may sound like an odd question but if I had him snipped would he still love me as much :? ? would he still follow me around and jump on my lap when i'm watching tv. :love:

yes he proberly will but minus the humping! :lol:
he will be much happier as no homones will be flying around. :D
your better off doing it under one GA in my opinion. :D

In my experience if they are a loving bun they remain so . .

however the only bun i ever lost under GA had two things done at once (ear stitched together after a fight and castration). Now I would only ever do one thing at a time. Also the pain is twice as worse post op if you have two things.

I'd definately get him castrated. One GA for both proceedures then, far less of a risk/strain on his vital organs IMO
Also, whilst his very hormonal behaviour may be funny for him it must be extremely stressful to feel sexually frustrated much of the time.

I am sure if he's castrated he'll be much happier and as he's a Dental Rabbit he cant be used for stud anyway :)

Out of my 4 Blackberry was the most hormonal, and also the one who wanted human contact the most. He's had the op, and is as loving as ever, but the humping is reduced by 90% (poor Buttercup still has to tolerate it when he gets over excited!)

I agree with jane - i'm afraid that at least some of what you are interpreting as loving behaviour is in fact sexual frustration so he will be much happier neutered. It would be the kind thing to do for his welfare even if he does change. If he jumps on your lap to watch tv i'd have thought he would still do that :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone It did cross my mind that he must be very frustrated! also he does the little marking his scent poo's so I would hope this will cut down or even stop, and although it was funny at first, that sound mean, the novilty is wearing off its not nice having him get his winky out all the time :oops: Just have to hope now they are happy to do the op and it all goes ok do feel quick anxtious about it.:(

Thanks everyone It did cross my mind that he must be very frustrated! also he does the little marking his scent poo's so I would hope this will cut down or even stop, and although it was funny at first, that sound mean, the novilty is wearing off its not nice having him get his winky out all the time :oops: Just have to hope now they are happy to do the op and it all goes ok do feel quick anxtious about it.:(

Its a straightforward proceedure and I am sure he'll be fine :)

My Alfie was still the same after castration and he still tries to hump me although a lot less now :oops: His poop doesn't smell as bad and he's a lot calmer.

Its a straightforward proceedure and I am sure he'll be fine :)

Its just a worry because hes underweight I'm not even 100% sure the vet will do it yet, it was suggested to get some weight on him first but he doesn't eat well not much i've been syringe feeding him since I got him last Tuesday had his front teeth burred and was then told his back teeth had spurs. Hes going to a diffent vet as the other one waid to wait 4-6 wks and come back i'm not beeing funny but thats a long time to be syringe feeding and I do have other things I have to do unfortantly. Its a silly circle in a way hes not going to put on weight is he with bad teeth :roll: the other vet agrees and will do it aslong as there is no infection present. sorry waffle waffle AAARRRHHH! blimy best get my eldest off to school:lol:

Back