• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Absolutely gutted/ Maisey rushed to vets/ We've lost her

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry: I have just found two abscesses on Maisey's lower jaw :cry::cry:

I think this is the end for her, bless her heart. I feel like I have been punched in the chest, totally gutted.....

Last edited:
so sorry Liz..you have given the best care and the love she deserves..i just hope she can fight the abscesses.

I don't think its fair to ask her to fight them. She has enough on her plate and has had to fight for 9 years to stay alive. We can't operate on them and everytime I handle her she turns blue, including giving her meds :(

It is such a shame as she has just started eating dry mix at last and is now strong enough to balance on her back legs to wash her face.

I will speak to the vet but I think we will probably just carry on with pain meds for a few days :? It depends how quickly they grow. They are only small at the moment but could have doubled in size by the morning, or it may take a bit longer, its hard to tell.

I know I shouldn't be upset as she has had a lot longer than anyone expected, but its hard not to be. Poor little girl :cry::cry:

:cry: I'm so sorry Liz, she is so lucky to be with you. I hope they are slow growing and your vet can help. Sending hugs.

I'm so sorry & more than understand how you must feel.
I know it doesn't make US feel any better when this sort of thing happens, but I remain totally convinced that bunnies are amazing creatures who are well pleased if they know love, care & respect. You shower all these on your buns, & more.
I truly believe that if the bridge buns had a say they'd make you their patron saint.

Back