• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried! :-S

Becky88

Young Bun
Hi, i have two female lionhead bunny (both sisters) but recently noticed that one of them is pulling her fur out.. quite alot! didnt realise how bad it was untill i just held her and felt her stomach was bald. Also, she has quite a large bald patch on her back :?
I know some female rabbits have phantom pregnancies, but im just abit worried about all the fur she is loosing.. could it be a phantom pregnancy or something else?
Im just wondering if anyone has experienced this with their bunnies.. and if its normal or should i go to a vet?

Thank you :)

Yeh :) Iv had them both nearly 12months now, but shes only just started pulling her fur out.. im just really worried. :?

Both neutered?

Un neutered girls are more likely to have phantom pregnancies because they still have the hormones and being springtime makes it likely too.

Their both un neutered. But this has never happened before.. They sometimes hump occasionally, as one likes to be more dominant:roll: Should i leave the fur in the cage what she has pulled out?.. Orr? :?

well its very likely to be down to hormones,have you considered having them neutered?
It would save them from having phantoms and theyd probably get on a lot better too,it also protects them from getting uterine cancer which is a big problem in rabbits sadly.

Yeh, its probably best i get them neutered.. :D Il do some enquires. Thank you for your help. Would you just leave the fur in the cage what shes pulled out?? I dont want her pulling anymore fur out :(

my rabbit did this last wk, found it was hormones

I'd leave it, cos I kept moving princesses and then she'd do more, the vet said I should have left it a while

I would leave the fur so that she doesnt continue doing it. As if you remove it she may continue because you have taken what she had away so she will be replacing it.

And i would get them both neutered as soon as you can :) Maybe together would be best, so they can comfort each other :)

has she eever escaped because she could of got pregnant then? that is what happened to my bun and now I have 3 week old babys:oops:SURPRISE:oops:

Back