• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you live in Newcastle please help. U/D Post 197

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
And read this thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=226937

there are 2 rescue rabbits in need of help. they are a bonded pair that have lived together for 3 years but been separated. they have been neglected, probably for the entire 3 years, so I should imagine they have health problems. I want to take them in but I'm pushed for money and space and OH will actually murder me.

somebody has posted a similar thread saying a lady rang him about 2 similar sounding rabbits, but he did not have very much info so I'm not sure if it is the same case.

if these buns don't find a good home first they will be sold with a miniscule 2-3ft hutch that isnt tall enough for them to stand up - in fact their backs would be touching the top - they will go separately. and they will probably die. please help guys.

I can squeeze them in if no-one else can help, but like I say it'll be difficult.

Last edited:
even if you have a spare hutch I could borrow, please get in touch. sorry to keep posting on every thread like an insane woman but I just thought of that :oops: and I'm so concerned!

Its quite quiet on here today, so maybe there will be more response tomorrow? Sorry I can't help, but I'm way down south.

even if you have a spare hutch I could borrow, please get in touch. sorry to keep posting on every thread like an insane woman but I just thought of that :oops: and I'm so concerned!

We have a big puppy crate that you could borrow for as long as you like if you want, it's huge and big enough for 2 bunnies. We are in Richmond, North Yorkshire.

that would be so great, the only problem is I have no way of getting to north yorkshire, i dont have a car. thank you so much though you are very kind :):wave:

hi
I know whats its like to worry over animals and feel you cant help, I cant help as such still got one bun I wasn't meant to keep after our rescue mission at xmas but if you do need the cage from tuckerbunnies (I know maysie and with her permission obv) will pick it up and get it to you and return it when you finished obv you organise that and let me know!

Sorry cant help with taking buns

hi
I know whats its like to worry over animals and feel you cant help, I cant help as such still got one bun I wasn't meant to keep after our rescue mission at xmas but if you do need the cage from tuckerbunnies (I know maysie and with her permission obv) will pick it up and get it to you and return it when you finished obv you organise that and let me know!

Hi Jo :wave:

I'd ring Gwen at Bunny Burrows but I know she is full but if you can take the puppy crate that would be brilliant

Maysie

hi

That would be so brilliant if you could, I can give you some petrol money. When would be best for you to do it? Should I PM my address?

Thanks so much guys. hopefully won't need it long, I'll either rehome them or if I decide to keep them I'll get them a hutch.

thats fantastic news.......let us know how you get on tomorrow, thats if your OH doesn't kill you beforehand. :lol:

hahaha :lol: on a serious note though, I do worry that no one goes in on a sunday or bank holiday to feed them. i have never been so mad about anything in my life as that pet shop! if she makes me pay for them I'm reporting her to the RSPCA because i know they havent had a vet check, and she will be selling me a potentially ill animal :evil:.

i must have kept them in business the amount of wood shavings i bought from there alone. im never going there again. or anywhere else that sells animals.

My Husband Mike and John from Bunny Burrows are going to the vets in Sunderland tomorrow (Tuesday) with some of the sick buns, they can drop the puppy crate off for you at your house after the vets but it will be before lunch. (if that's ok) If you want to PM me with your phone or mobile no Mike will ring you tomorrow when they leave the vets.

Is that ok for you.

Back