• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

one last question on Alvin and Holly.. honest lol

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
theyve been home since Wednesday

holly isnt yet eating her special poops but other than this is relaxed (when im not about) and happy. and shes fully litter trained :love:

Alvins tummy is showing no sign of stasis (fingers crossed).

hardly any humping apart from when i am in the room :roll: but very minimal grooming..

when will it be safe (knowing Alvin isnt a normal bunny) to let them have more space. i was going to let them have upstairs for a week before i allow them downstairs. but when do i free them from the cage in their room?

Awwwh :love: Is Holly a people bun? Or is she just an Alvin bun? :lol:

Id gradually increase their space slowly if you can hun :) If you increase it too fast, i.e, go from a puppy pen to a whole room, it may cause fights, and then your back to square one.

Any grooming yet? xx

nah shes refusing, i think he does a tiny bit but he wants to be boss

its really sad, he puts his head there and she ignores it :(

nah shes refusing, i think he does a tiny bit but he wants to be boss

its really sad, he puts his head there and she ignores it :(

Awwwh :( Typical woman :p They'll get their in the end hun, at least theyre living happily together :love:

Do they have much space at the moment? Id be inclined to leave them as they are to try and strengthen the bond a little more :?

I would definately say increase it slowly maybe a foot a day over a week or so and see how they go . I have made the mistake of allowing too much space too soon and it has caused fights.

I would say when you get to the point where you feel mean give it another day or so

its a pen/cage in the spare room. cant remembers the size think its just under 8ft by 4ft when closed maybe smaller :oops::oops: brain of a sieve :lol:

Last edited:
thinking itll deffo be safer to take my time and not rush this. Alvin is hump mad when i enter to room and Holly isnt too keen on me yet..

i think im being impaitent because i dont know how long ill have with them and it feels like wasted time right now :oops::oops::oops: hopefully my fear of illness will quiet down as the bond they have deepens...

i forget bunnies are not for the impatient or stressy heads :lol::lol::lol:

scary stuff - im starting small with mine and will prob stay like that for a week or so - fingers crossed...

If only these bunnies knew how much stress they are causing :roll:
(must stay calm, must stay calm)

scary stuff - im starting small with mine and will prob stay like that for a week or so - fingers crossed...

If only these bunnies knew how much stress they are causing :roll:
(must stay calm, must stay calm)

i think you need sleep missus, cus you wont be getting non for atleast a week from tomorrow :shock::shock:

I'd say go slow and steady.
Try increasing the space a small amount today and keep an eye on them. Luckily you're there to jump in quick and remove the space if you think they're not quite ready yet.
I'd gradually increase the space day by day and just keep a close eye out.

I'm sure Holly will come round to you soon - she does love a good head rub!

Can't wait to see more photos of them (once they're no longer X rated with Alvin humping on them all :lol:)

Back