• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rat playing with a tarantula

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
I wondered if a tarantula would make a good play mate for a rat. I tried them together on neutral territory to see how they'd get on. Sadly my rat kept pestering the tarantula who got very annoyed and tried to run away. Here's the video and excuse my shouting at the end. Scrabble the rat had gotten bored with the tarantula and had helped herself to my juice which was on the floor.

The tarantula species is a mature female Brachypelma smithi, quite a big example of the species too. Looking back I think she might well have eaten Scrabble if she had wanted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO2Xms4MJjw

Sorry the vid is so dark

:lol: That video is so cute!!
I have 2 rats, and one is very similar to your Scrabble, but her name is Bella :D Not many of my friends and family like my rats, but they're so sociable and friendly!

:oops::oops::oops::oops: was the tarantula real? i didnt realise they was so big and she looks like a remote control toy :oops::oops::oops:

Back