• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with fluffy buns

PearlyGirl

Mama Doe
What do you use in your litter trays?
I have megazorb for my lot but it is a NIGHTMARE with Lucy-lou as it gets dragged everywhere by her even though she isn't very fluffy everything sticks in the bits of her that are :roll:
My little boy (must stop saying that he's told me now he's 8 next week) has hoovered his room twice today and has told them off for making such a mess :)lol:)
Just wondered if there is any alternatives?

Have you tried wood based cat litter? The only trouble with it is that it gets quite dusty when its wet. I personally don't like it, but it might not stick to your bunny. Does megazorb stick to her feet or does she have tufty bits?

Have you tried wood based cat litter? The only trouble with it is that it gets quite dusty when its wet. I personally don't like it, but it might not stick to your bunny. Does megazorb stick to her feet or does she have tufty bits?

She has a bit of lionhead in her i think. She has just a few tufts around her bum and face but makes lots of mess so it may stick to her feet too. Not noticed it with any of the others.
Is that the litter that crumbles when it gets wet?

Smudge has a tufty bum. (Smudge has a tufty everything!) I still use megazorb but I put a lot of hay on top which acts as a barrier and he doesn't end up taking it everywhere with him.

I use megazorb....no problems...I think Mrs Bun may keep a hair brush handy!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

And just for the hell of it this is Smudge (aka massive fluffball)

_IGP6165CONV-vi.jpg

That was when we first got him. Thankfully he seems to have lost a lot of his baby fluff and isn't so bad now.

It must just be my buns that are messy then :lol:
Even the others make a bit of a mess with it,but Lucy-lou makes the room looks like there's been a snowstorm!!!
I'll try more hay on top and see if that works

Smudge is gorgeous! Lucy just has little tufty bits,not fluffy just wispy,she looks like she has a beard bless her :love:

One of my buns is very fluffy. We use a layer of carefresh on top of megazorb to keep the little bits in the tray as the carefresh doesn't stick to her fluffy feet!

One of my buns is very fluffy. We use a layer of carefresh on top of megazorb to keep the little bits in the tray as the carefresh doesn't stick to her fluffy feet!

I may try carefresh,i ised to use it before i had Lucy,might give it a go again with her :)

I use newspaper sometimes, shredded, and it doesn't stick, but normally when I pick Bentley up I pull the pieces off the tufts on his bum before carrying him off! :lol: He has lionhead in him too.

Hi I have a mess bun too, i used bio cat litter, hayexperts or pets at home sell it, its just compressed paper pellets i had the same problem with megazorb it just goes everywhere :roll:

I use newspaper sometimes, shredded, and it doesn't stick, but normally when I pick Bentley up I pull the pieces off the tufts on his bum before carrying him off! :lol: He has lionhead in him too.

Bentley is lovely!!!!! first thing i do is get me hand around her bum when i pick her up i think she's getting fed up :lol: worst thing is my son has a blue carpet so it looks like a snow storm when they have been chasing around in there for a while!

Tesco do a paper based cat litter but you will still have the problem of it getting caught in her fur, you probably need something heavier like wood pellet litter if you are just using it in the litter tray, or put megasorb down first and top it up with hay

I may try carefresh,i ised to use it before i had Lucy,might give it a go again with her :)

Carefresh has gone up to £20 a large bag in p@h! :shock: Hay experts still doing it cheaper thankfully. Because of the expense we use megazorb underneath and just a skin layer of carefresh on top pressed down firmly - stops them churning up the megazorb and dragging it around the carpet - works for us anyhow! :D

Carefresh has gone up to £20 a large bag in p@h! :shock: Hay experts still doing it cheaper thankfully. Because of the expense we use megazorb underneath and just a skin layer of carefresh on top pressed down firmly - stops them churning up the megazorb and dragging it around the carpet - works for us anyhow! :D

I'll try a layer og hay over the megazorb - either that or i will have to shave her :lol:(joking :oops:)

We just use hay on top of newspaper :)

They pee, poo & munch at the same time :lol: Luckily not a lot gets stuck in their fur thank goodness :)

Our 2 new girls are mega fluffy - especially Fifi, she's got a full skirt of fur on her back end :love:

Back