• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help

shelly76

New Kit
please can anyone help, ive got 6 baby rabbits, these are my second lot, and 5 older rabbits, we thought we had 2 boys , but to our surprise...they wasnt.
before i knew it , rabbit was pregnant again. i need to rehome older ones and some babies, as our next door neighbour has killed 2 and broke the other ones leg by throwing them over the fence because they got in his garden. :cry:so we had to take the one the vet and he had his leg amputated, :(. we reported next door neighbour to the rspca , but they said we needed proof. i just needed to know if there was a rehoming centre near liverpool i can take my rabbits to, as i worry about the rest of my little ones x
i have had people wanting to buy them but im scared what kind of home they would go to.xx

surely you could involve the police? thats horrific and animal cruelty!

hope you manage to sort something.

First of all, that is horrific cruelty and the police should be able to do something. The vet should be evidence of the act. This person needs reporting!

You also need to get the ones your keep spayed and neutered. Otherwise this is likely to keep happening and there are enough rabbits sitting in rescue centres as it is.

A list of all rescue centres, geographically, is given here: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp
At the moment most centres are full and have waiting lists. :(
All the advice I can give you is:
  • First, take all the bunnies to the vets and have them properly sexed, or you will risk having more litters.
  • Get them all neutered when they're old enough. Most vets will neuter rabbits at the age of four months.
  • Make sure that your rabbits don't escape again, by only letting them out in an enclosed run and always supervised.
  • If you try to rehome them yourself, make sure that you ask questions and home-check all prospective adopters.
  • Don't give them 'free to a good home', as they may end up as snake food.

Back