• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Esther :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
What a fright Esther has given me today. I came back from shopping and immediately noticed something VERY wrong. Esther's nose was really swollen.
You can imagine the first thought that came into my mind......the dreaded 'M' word.

On examination I realised that Esther actually had a huge abscess just by her nostril :cry: One tiny bit of pressure on it and it literally exploded and a ton of pus came out :shock: :cry:

Esther has had a shot of pain relief and once that kicked in I was able to clean all the remaining pus out. OMG was there ALOT :shock: and I then packed it with Manuka Honey. C allows me to administer Baytril in situations like this so Esther now has abx cover too. I have no idea what caused the abscess and it came up in just a few hours. I just hope that it will now resolve and that it wont become a more complicated problem.

033-8.jpg

034-3.jpg

:shock: Think I would have had a heart attack when I first saw that...
Lots of healthy nose vibes for Esther :)

Last edited:
Awwhh! Poor girl! Sending lots of vibes... but not sending any nose rubs cos I don't think she'd appreciate them right now! :lol:

Vibes to Esther - it looks so sore poor girl :(
No surprises that she is one of my fav RU buns.
Any idea of cause? Could she have formed the abscess around a foreign body? Can you see where its tracking?
Best wishes with getting it sorted.

Vibes to Esther - it looks so sore poor girl :(
No surprises that she is one of my fav RU buns.
Any idea of cause? Could she have formed the abscess around a foreign body? Can you see where its tracking?
Best wishes with getting it sorted.

No idea what caused it :?

Thankfully it hasn't tracked and today you'd not know it was ever there !!
I'll try and get another pic.

Back