• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its raining and it really makes me wish

Becca24

Mama Doe
Pip was an indoor bun, I am missing being out with him today. I have been thinking how I can get round this. I could have a set up in our spare room which is currently where the dog sleeps but not sure whether it is fair to kick the dog out but he does sleep elsewhere too so its not too bad. The spare room isnt massive though and I dont really like the sizes of the indoor cages so could I use a dog crate? The other alternative is to convert the shed now as opposed to waiting till Winter which was the original plan.

Does anyone else feel like this sometimes with outdoor buns? I think its doubly hard cos he is on his own and their his no way round it till he is neutered in July.

Feel sad today :(

Yes I felt the same at 1.15am this morning as I was mopping the puddle out of Maisy's new extension - the neighbours probably felt the same too!

I have been feeling very glad that we built the aviary to put the hutches in and act as an all weather run (I love having a roof on it!) - I can sit an play with my boys however wet it gets :love:

I have been feeling very glad that we built the aviary to put the hutches in and act as an all weather run (I love having a roof on it!) - I can sit an play with my boys however wet it gets :love:

Yes we have an Aviary too and find that works well. Maiseys extension is awaiting a corrolux roof but is doing ok with a makeshift plastic sheet one - son covered up when the rain started and didn't know to put the picnic mat over the side of the new extension- should have got him up to do the mopping!

:Dyeah i wish ash was an indoor bunny but she is in he garage at the moment (she had babies while indoors (in boarding we were on holiday) so we didn want change the tempreture for the babies as they are so young) i am wih her all the time and she loves he attention just in the last day or two she has become a lot calmer and less aggressive:D

I wish Bramble was an indoor bunny too. Feel so guilty when it's pouring down and he can't come out, and I can't really go out and see him. Sometimes he sits in his run looking in the back door, and he looks lonely and I just want to cry, and run outside and bring him indoors. :cry:

I wish Bramble was an indoor bunny too. Feel so guilty when it's pouring down and he can't come out, and I can't really go out and see him. Sometimes he sits in his run looking in the back door, and he looks lonely and I just want to cry, and run outside and bring him indoors. :cry:

I caved in and brought Pip in for a while he had a nice run about a little cuddle (well as much as he would allow) and the flopped out! I feel better for having spent some time with him! :D

How old is Bramble? Have you ever thought about bonding him with another bun or anything?

I used to feel just like that a few years ago, when the guineas had to have their cages covered in the rain. Now my bunny-boy has a large playhouse to play in (with run out the front), with loads of toys, tunnels and stepping stools etc. Also, when it is raining I get to sit in there with him and play with him in comfort ! It is really SO worth converting your shed as early as you can. In the summer I'd like to get a girly bun to make his happiness complete.

I caved in and brought Pip in for a while he had a nice run about a little cuddle (well as much as he would allow) and the flopped out! I feel better for having spent some time with him! :D

How old is Bramble? Have you ever thought about bonding him with another bun or anything?

There's no reason why an outdoor bun can't come in for a couple of hours a day for company, provided that you protect them from electric cables & make sure they don't do a "demolition" job on your house!

There's no reason why an outdoor bun can't come in for a couple of hours a day for company, provided that you protect them from electric cables & make sure they don't do a "demolition" job on your house!

Before we had the aviary my boys used to come in and take over the conservatory on wet days (no power cables and little furniture!), now they come in sometimes to watch TV in the evening....

:wave: I was worried about the temp changes really, cos it felt really cold to me outside today so didnt want to shock his system. I brought him in and then when it was time for him to go back out I kind of held him outside for a little while so he had heat from me then put him in his hutch, seemed to work ok so will hopefully do it more in the future!

He did try and give it a good go at chewing my cabinets and skirting board!

He is such a good boy nothing appears to phase him he was in the kitchen chloe was in and out singing and dancing as usual, the dog was around and he was more than happy, I brought his litter tray and his towel in so he had some familiar smells.

:wave: I was worried about the temp changes really, cos it felt really cold to me outside today so didnt want to shock his system. I brought him in and then when it was time for him to go back out I kind of held him outside for a little while so he had heat from me then put him in his hutch, seemed to work ok so will hopefully do it more in the future!

He did try and give it a good go at chewing my cabinets and skirting board!

He is such a good boy nothing appears to phase him he was in the kitchen chloe was in and out singing and dancing as usual, the dog was around and he was more than happy, I brought his litter tray and his towel in so he had some familiar smells.

Aww bless you. It's a more sustained drop in temp that causes issues with buns - over a whole night, not just a couple of hours.
I let my house bun out for a run in the garden several times a day. He's just had his tummy shaved for an ultrasound, & I was worrying about a bare tummy on wet cold grass today :oops: :lol::lol:

Aww bless you. It's a more sustained drop in temp that causes issues with buns - over a whole night, not just a couple of hours.
I let my house bun out for a run in the garden several times a day. He's just had his tummy shaved for an ultrasound, & I was worrying about a bare tummy on wet cold grass today :oops: :lol::lol:

Aww hope nothing is up with your bun!! Thank you for the reassurance though I will happily bring him in now without worrying!! :)

Is Pip a single bun? If so I'd definately get him a wifey - he will be lonely outside otherwise. If I were you I'd convert the shed now and use that as their 'married quarters' (don't put him out their first). That way you can go and be with them as much as you like, while staying dry. They'll have more space too. :D

mine are currently indoors but are going out. I will miss them when they are outside. But i plan on making an aviary with a solid roof so i can hopefully go and play with them in the rain :)

Is Pip a single bun? If so I'd definately get him a wifey - he will be lonely outside otherwise. If I were you I'd convert the shed now and use that as their 'married quarters' (don't put him out their first). That way you can go and be with them as much as you like, while staying dry. They'll have more space too. :D

He is at the moment, he is only 9 weeks old. He will be neutered and then have a girlfriend! I was toying with getting a girl now but she will be on her until he is sorted but thats two lonely buns! :( so he will have to wait!! Me and hubby have been talking all day about what to do, but there is quite alot to do in order to get the shed ready - clear it out, find homes for everything, bunny proof it as it has electricity in there, then find out the best way to convert is such as does it need insulating or any boarding up etc.

But the biggest problem we will have is attaching a run to the shed as the run we we have is too wide and will unable us to open the shed door!

He is at the moment, he is only 9 weeks old. He will be neutered and then have a girlfriend! I was toying with getting a girl now but she will be on her until he is sorted but thats two lonely buns! :( so he will have to wait!! Me and hubby have been talking all day about what to do, but there is quite alot to do in order to get the shed ready - clear it out, find homes for everything, bunny proof it as it has electricity in there, then find out the best way to convert is such as does it need insulating or any boarding up etc.

But the biggest problem we will have is attaching a run to the shed as the run we we have is too wide and will unable us to open the shed door!

Could the run be attached to the side of the shed, with access for the buns through a catflap?

Could the run be attached to the side of the shed, with access for the buns through a catflap?

Ok how can I describe this. If you imagine the side of my house then the shed then the boundary fence so no side of the shed is accessible, my husband had it made to measure.

Back