• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mission for this weekend... New hutch for Elijah ...Photo post 13

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
.. I intend to woodstain the hutch I bought recently:
http://www.the-rabbit-hutch-shop.com/6x24-giant-double-decker-rabbit-guinea_pig-hutch-ghgdd.html#2

in a lovely aqua colour (Cuprinol, Garden Shades - Seagrass). Then assemble the hutch... clear out a load of junk so that I have a place to put the hutch, line the floor space with non-slip vinyl floorcovering that I picked up yesterday for £12 :D. I will have to put extra security on to pad lock it. Then pop Elijah in there and see if he approves :love::love::love:

*I'm sooo excited* but I have to type a report first or I might get sacked :(

?? Should I charge my camera batteries?? :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Sounds a lovely colour. You really didn't need to ask about charging your camera batteries you know we will want piccies. :roll::lol:

:wave: Thanks guys. I'm just about to start the painting. I've taken the doors of the hutch and catches etc to do it thoroughly.

It's cold out there I'm going to need to sit by a heater or something when I get in. I'm just praying it doesn't rain. ... still it should make Elijah happy :love::love:

The edge of the mesh on the back of the mesh doors is a little rough, I think I'll have to put some wood on the inside to protect the bunnies from sharp bits :?

thats the same hutch i am buying on friday from Holidayhutch - Lynne.

Please do post piccies and let me know what its like etc :D :wave:

thats the same hutch i am buying on friday from Holidayhutch - Lynne.

Please do post piccies and let me know what its like etc :D :wave:

I will let you know. Pictures tomorrow hopefully :D

I'd definitely recommend them from what I've seen so far. The door is heavy, as are the sides, the divide is well made as well - sturdy. The only thing I can fault so far are the edges of the mesh, I'll just screw some D- shaped wood over it on the inside to cover it. It just has turn bolt things rather than the really good stopper things on the Happy Hutch (can't open by accident) but I'll be doing hasps & staples and padlocks anyway.

I will let you know. Pictures tomorrow hopefully :D

I'd definitely recommend them from what I've seen so far. The door is heavy, as are the sides, the divide is well made as well - sturdy. The only thing I can fault so far are the edges of the mesh, I'll just screw some D- shaped wood over it on the inside to cover it. It just has turn bolt things rather than the really good stopper things on the Happy Hutch (can't open by accident) but I'll be doing hasps & staples and padlocks anyway.

Thanks for letting me know, be great to see pictures.
I have bolts ready to add to the hutch anyways, always do :D
Am sure my dad will figure something out if my mesh is the same :wave: :lol:

Ahemmm! Picturess! :wave:

:oops::oops::oops: I haven't done anything at it today :( I meant to this afternoon but it was a bitter wind and someone was playing loud and horrid music ... and I need to sort something out to cover the mesh before I put it together and the timber merchant was shut today... I'll be going there tomorrow for the wood though. I've also decided to do something different with the ramp as it's too narrow (in my opinion) and I don't want them skidding off it.

I don't know when I'll get chance to finish it. I can do pictures of the unassembled pile of bits tomorrow :oops::oops:

At long last I'm hoping to finish this hutch this weekend :D:D

I've added a door to the middle of the top, instead of just a mesh panel, I've attached vinyl floor covering to it, I'm also going to modify the ramp but not 100% sure what I'm doing with that yet - I want to make it wider and permanent.

I *might* have time to take pictures when I've finished it ;)

Here is Elijah trying out his new batchelor pad. He says there's plenty of room in it and it's too big for him on his own ;)

PICT3546.jpg

Oh and he's really, really good - he's been in it 48 hours now and not a stray poop anywhere, nothing chewed either :love::love::love:

Last edited:
That looks realy good, i love it. Your bun looks as if he loves it too.:love:
I got my new hutch today from the same company, but i got the single story one.:wave:

That looks realy good, i love it. Your bun looks as if he loves it too.:love:
I got my new hutch today from the same company, but i got the single story one.:wave:

I'm really pleased with it. Especially the dividing panel. All the hutches I've had before the dividing panel has just been a flimsy piece of board, these hutches seem really snug in the hide-away bit because it feels more solid.

My biggest mistake was putting the instructions "somewhere safe" when the hutch arrived a few months ago. I never found them so I had to work it out for myself :roll::lol::lol:

I'm really pleased with it. Especially the dividing panel. All the hutches I've had before the dividing panel has just been a flimsy piece of board, these hutches seem really snug in the hide-away bit because it feels more solid.

My biggest mistake was putting the instructions "somewhere safe" when the hutch arrived a few months ago. I never found them so I had to work it out for myself :roll::lol::lol:

Ooops, well at least you put it together ok. I don`t think i have the common sence to be able to work it out for my self.:lol:

when i came across it the other day, i thought it looked realy well made. I`v got a p@h hutch at the min and it`s ****. I`m just going to use it as a hide away for when my buns are free ranging in the back garden.

It looks lovely Alison. :love::love: Elijah sounds like an angel..... although maybe he just wants to keep his pad looking nice until he finds a wifey, then he'll start pooing everywhere and eating the hutch. :lol::lol:

Back