PDA

View Full Version : Helppppppppp

princessdanii
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
The baby rabbits are 3weeks old today & i can't tell the sex of them for the life of me, I got mum bun out had a look at her and got dad buck out and had a look at him & the babies have that much furr its covering them all up and i can't tell.... Someone please help!!!!!!! :(

:wave:

honeybunny
01-05-2010, 09:30 PM
you don't need to worry yet
I take it Dad is not in with them?

Wait until they are 6 -7 weeks then look ..much easier to see:D

if you still cannot tell take them to a good vet or ask for an experienced person to pop round and sex them for you

vee-jay
01-05-2010, 09:31 PM
well one way of doing it if you are having trouble seeing due to the fur, is to VERY gently press thier wee bits. They should pop out a little and if it looks like a slit then its a girl, a circle and its a boy.
and if you still cant tell just wait till they are a bit older and it should get more obvious.

DemiS
01-05-2010, 09:33 PM
It's easiest to do it when they're newborn, but if they have fur I'd wait till 6 weeks, you don't want to damage their 'bits'

princessdanii
01-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Nope Dad's not with them honeybuny :D

I don't want to hurt them as me not being very exsperienced with rabbits i think i'll just leave them until there a bit older as they was wriggling like mad earlier when i was trying to check :lol:

:wave: