• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit pie

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Seriously, they (my bunnies) smell so good I might just do it. A sweet pie served with whipped cream... *Drools* :love:

Anyone else ever tempted? :lol:

Last edited:
:shock::cry::shock::cry:

My partner keeps saying he wants to try rabbit it really upsets me I just keep imagining him eating our two babies :cry:

:shock::cry::shock::cry:

My partner keeps saying he wants to try rabbit it really upsets me I just keep imagining him eating our two babies :cry:

Hun, I'm joking! They just smell so good, is all! :love: I'm a pastry-hating vegetarian! :lol:

Last edited:
I have eaten rabbit a few times- its not pleasant- its like greasy stringy chicken that tastes like the smell of goat wee!

I've a lovely recipe for Welsh Rabbit (or is it Rarebit?) involving stout, cheese & eggs. Mmmmmm!

I've smelt it and that was enough. Nasty smell, I dread to think what it tastes like.

However its nothing to do with me loving bunnies, it doesn't bother me. I just couldn't eat it because of the smell!

I've a lovely recipe for Welsh Rabbit (or is it Rarebit?) involving stout, cheese & eggs. Mmmmmm!

I had a book on tape when I was a child, about someone cooking Welsh Rarebit - it totally traumatised me! :shock::lol:

I just realised in my OP it sounds like I'm saying rabbit pie tastes good, when actually I was trying to say (in my own random way!) that my bunnies smell good! :oops::oops::oops: Didn't mean to upset anyone!! *Goes to flush self down loo*

Last edited:
I had a book on tape when I was a child, about someone cooking Welsh Rarebit - it totally traumatised me! :shock::lol:

I just realised in my OP it sounds like I'm saying rabbit pie tastes good, when actually I was trying to say (in my own random way!) that my bunnies smell good! :oops::oops::oops: Didn't mean to upset anyone!! *Goes to flush self down loo*

I don't understand how it traumatised you.
It was years before I realised that Welsh "Rarebit" didn't involve any meat of any type at all. In Staffordshire it was pronounced "rabbit" - hence my confusion.

I don't understand how it traumatised you.
It was years before I realised that Welsh "Rarebit" didn't involve any meat of any type at all. In Staffordshire it was pronounced "rabbit" - hence my confusion.

Just cuz I thought they were saying 'rabbit', like you!

Back