• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Domestic Rabbits Running Loose

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
I've just seem a pair of black domestic rabbits running free in the field opposite my college. Went to see if i could catch them but they disappeared. Should i just call the RSPCA or try to catch them myself? how can i do that?

The RSPCA won't go out to catch them- I've been in a similar situation, ans they said it was up tome to catch them. Good luck!

Are you sure they are not Black wildies ?

If you are certain they are domestic then you could set up a carrier with food in but that'd involve you sitting and waiting for them to go into it.

The RSPCA have Live Traps but not sure how soon they'd come out to you. I had to wait over a week for them to sort out a similar situation here.

If you have a metal panel run and a couple of people, it is relatively easy to round up loose bunnies because you have more area (if that makes sense).

You will need at least one carrier though and a few people to help will make it a lot easier.

Are you sure they are not Black wildies ?

If you are certain they are domestic then you could set up a carrier with food in but that'd involve you sitting and waiting for them to go into it.

The RSPCA have Live Traps but not sure how soon they'd come out to you. I had to wait over a week for them to sort out a similar situation here.

fairly sure - shortish ears, stockier bodies, running around in the middle of the day but not grazing. There are brown wildies around but they're not mingling with them

Dont have any people to help me :? was thinking if they'd get into a carrier or could be herded in?

fairly sure - shortish ears, stockier bodies, running around in the middle of the day but not grazing. There are brown wildies around but they're not mingling with them

Dont have any people to help me :? was thinking if they'd get into a carrier or could be herded in?

If you could set up a carrier with some food and maybe a bit of 'fencing' to corral them, they may go in, particularly if they have been hopping around lost for a few hours.

Good luck,

FC x

Back