• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What have you done today?

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
For your buns I mean.

Today I have...

Fed pellets
Emptied and refilled boxes
Put two loads of towels and old clothes on to wash
Swept lino
Wiped down lino and plastic tray
Swept (with one of those sweeper thingies)

and later I am...

Taking two duvets and vetbed to be washed at the laundrette
Emptying used bedding and hay on compost at allotment
Putting bunnies on the grass
Picking dandelions and sorting veg

This morning i've Fed, watered, put bunnys out to grass. First lot of medications done, hay put out.

This afternoon i'm going to clean all hutchs, bowls, bottles and empty trays out. 2nd and 3rd lots of meds for those who need it.

Sit with the bunnys for abit midday and do health checks to make sure they are all ok. I notice some more runny eyes :( argh- i hope i haven't got something contagious going on in my colony!

Hopefully it wont rain, or this will be cut short and i'll finish off the hutches tommorow if they are the outdoor ones, if it's the sheds, i'll get this sorted today.

Not much today! I have been working.

- Let Charlee out this AM for half an hour before work
- Fed veggies, topped up hay & water
- Quick cuddle and out the door

- Let her out when I got home this PM, and had a chat with her :lol:
- 'Bout to go give out veggies, top hay & water and give her & the piggies pellets
- Put fleecy things in for the night
- Play with her for a bit - give her her "dessert" (bunny biscuit)

Tomorrow is going to be crazy though. I have to pick up a bale of hay, more bunny biscuits, pick up 2 bags of litter and get the week's fruit & veg. That is 4 different shops - and I have to drive 45 minutes each way to get the hay!! Once I have done that, I have to put hay into the bins, cut veggies up and put them in bags all ready for the week ahead. Clean all 3 cages (2 pig cages, 1 bun cage) - which involves dumping all the old litter in their litter trays/kitchen areas in the bin and replacing with fresh litter, removing old fleece & towels, putting in clean fleece & towels, and washing dirty fleece & towels. Luckily I don't have to cut nails or weigh the animals, or scrub Charlee's litter tray cause I did all of that yesterday. But somewhere in there I need to fit in some study!!

At 07:39 this morning told Polo off for peeing and pooing on my bed.

07:42 was in bathroom running water over duvet to get a full bladders worth of pee out.

08:00 laid on bed with no duvet

08:05 started playing the get the bunny off the bed game which he found highly amusing.

Bloomin hormones (yes he is castrated), seems since spring hit he lost his litter training almost.

07:42 was in bathroom running water over duvet to get a full bladders worth of pee out.

08:05 started playing the get the bunny off the bed game which he found highly amusing.

Bloomin hormones (yes he is castrated), seems since spring hit he lost his litter training almost.

:lol::lol::lol: - sorry, I really shouldn't laugh, but....:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: - sorry, I really shouldn't laugh, but....:lol::lol::lol:

:cry: I have visions of me lying on bed tonight with the only feeble blanket i have covering me as duvet not gonna be dry:cry:

little sod, probs won't get any sleep tonight either as he will want to come on bed and when i throw him off he then thinks it a game and wants me to chase him around the bed:roll:

Gonna pee in his pen tonight se how he likes it and under the bed in his favourite spot.

It's hard to tell him off though as when I got on floor and told him off he just snuggled down and wanted cuddles so his telling of consisted of me saying you naught little bad boy whilst rubbing his ears and kissing his head:evil:

I took my old set ups down :D to Sophie coming up to me through the bars then running off and binkying, so I guess it made her happy :D not getting rid of them just yet, but they do look happy together.

I fed and watered them, they were cleaned out on thursday, so just a quick sweep up and topping up of hay.

picked them some dandelions and raspberry leaves,

Just locked them all back up as it was starting to rain.

I feel your pain! That is why we had to go to the laundrette this afternoon! Mischa decided the best way to wake me and get me out of bed this morning was the 'I'm going to soak yooooooooooou!' trick!

Last edited:
Taking two duvets and vetbed to be washed at the laundrette - done

Emptying used bedding and hay on compost at allotment - not done, might do tomorrow now as am running out of steam

Putting bunnies on the grass - done, might put the lionheads out for a bit longer as something really badly spooked Smudge and I had to bring him in.

Picking dandelions and sorting veg

I'm sooo glad my boys are outside buns!:D

They're normally really good, they're just peeing so much at the moment and not in their usual places. :? During the day I put a double waterproof sheet on (single bed) and then a thin duvet on top so it doesn't matter but when I'm in it there's not much I can put on to protect it.

Just did the major monthly clean out of the buns and so now my room stinks of vinegar :mrgreen: Also fed the greedy guts.

I have fed them this morning, dosed Kylo with baytril and given him extra pellets to make him a bit fatter, changed their run bed as it got wet and replaced the tarpaulin that is supposed to keep it dry :roll: and given them lots of hay

later i will give them their veggies, Kylo gets another dose of baytril and his evening pellets sitting on the wheelie bin lid so the girls cant nick them! :lol: Prob some clean water and mrore hay!

No time to play today :( as revising all day then dinner with friends tonight :D and no grass as its all wet and their ickle rexy feet dont like it! :roll:

I've just realised all the stuff I took out and washed I need to now put back :lol:

*has no energy left to make the bed*

I feel your pain! That is why we had to go to the laundrette this afternoon! Mischa decided the best way to wake me and get me out of bed this morning was the 'I'm going to soak yooooooooooou!' trick!

my duvet still not dry :cry: Polo's getting locked up tonight in front room in his pad with his pen attached . No more free range at night for a while for him untill he behaves.

Do you want to swop duvets tonight???

They're normally really good, they're just peeing so much at the moment and not in their usual places. :? During the day I put a double waterproof sheet on (single bed) and then a thin duvet on top so it doesn't matter but when I'm in it there's not much I can put on to protect it.

SNAP him being litter trained has gone out the window the past 2 months for some reason.

We have:

- Cleaned them all out
- Replaced all blankets and towels
- Fed and watered (twice)
- Had cuddles with some! :love:
- Picked loads of grass and dandelions for the little monkeys!

Fed and watered them all
Changed and cleaned all the litter trays
Supervised Twinkle and Star having a run in the garden/nom on grass
Strokes with Fay
General "come on and eat some Allen & Page" comments to Starbuck (trying to wean him over and he is VERY reluctant!) :roll:

Woke up at 8:30 because Pickles said so, skipped them out, let them maraude in my room, scatter-fed them their breakfast, let them raid the hay bag, gave Ginge some metacam, swept up the disgusting mess that was my room once they'd finished raiding the hay bag, put them out in their shed/run, ordered them some readigrass, washed their vet bed, brought them in from outside, let them maurade on the landing/stairs/hall, practiced their 'recall', had 'Auntie Katie' look at Pickles' eye, spent 10 minutes crawling round on my hands and knees sniffing them (I know I know, but they're so yummy today!!), let them maurade in my bedroom, scatter-fed them again, and tucked them up in their cage for a well-earned flop!

Spect they're wide awake now and clamouring for attention! :roll: Off I go...

Back