• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Inky- U/D possible dental problems :-(

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
I went to feed the rabbits this morning and I thougth that the corners of Inky's eyes looked a bit puffy. I hope I am being a hypochondriac but I am just so worried that he has something sinister:(.

He is eating etc and seems fine in himself but I am still worried.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you all for the vibes:), they really do mean a lot.

The vet (she is really good with rabbits) said that Inky has inflamed tear ducts and that this could mean he has possible dental problems:(. She had a good look in his mouth and said that his teeth are slightly uneven but there are not any obvious sore places or sharp points.

He has some fulthalmic (sp?) eye ointment to clear up the tear ducts but if the problem comes back, we will have to look an X ray and/a dental:(.

I think my worry is that if he has a dental, does that mean we have to keep having them or is it a possibility that one would sort the problem out? He is nearly six, so I'm worried that he is getting a bit old for lots of GAs.

Thanks again for the vibes,

FC x

I think that your Vet is considering the *possibility* that tooth root elongation may be the problem, which is why she suggested Xrays should the problem not resolve with the Fucithalmic.

I would not start thinking about 'what ifs', it might just be a bit of conjunctivitis which the Fucithalmic should clear up :)

I think that your Vet is considering the *possibility* that tooth root elongation may be the problem, which is why she suggested Xrays should the problem not resolve with the Fucithalmic.

I would not start thinking about 'what ifs', it might just be a bit of conjunctivitis which the Fucithalmic should clear up :)

Thanks Jane, I needed someone to talk me off the ceiling:).

I hope Inky has just got a simple eye infection. I just worry about them so much but I guess that comes with bunnies.

FC x

Back