• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 males

jodietyers

New Kit
Hi
I have 2 male rabbits, both have been castrated. What is the most effective way to bond them? They are kept in the same room (they have their own bedroom!) but separated from each other so they can see and sniff each other etc but when together they are typical boys and love to fight. Please help...

i have two bonded males and i know of other people who have :D

mine arent related either. but luckily they bonded themselves :shock:

how long since there neuter? usually need a good few weeks to calm down.

you need a neutral space, where nobun has ever been, not too big a space, not too small, throw in some pellets, veg and hay and place in both rabbits.. chasing, humping, fur pulling is all normal, generally when they circle, they need a gentle separate (usually a loud bang works)

all the best :wave:

My two boys are unrelated and we bonded them. There was a lot of fur pulling and chasing to begin with but I think the key to success is not seperating them. We put our's together last OCtober and they have never been apart since. I was off for a whole week so they had constant supervision. I think they learnt to tolerate each other first and gave up to the idea that they were stuck together:lol: but now they love each other:love: They follow each other, snuggle up and both groom the other.

Back