• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been to Kirkby today................please meet our new girls Fifi & Mitzi

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
I've been to Kirkby today & safe to say I didn't come away empty handed :oops:

Mark & I are now the proud mummy & daddy of 2 beautiful VERY fluffy little girls!!! :love::love::love:

I know I said the other night on minilop's thread 'how many buns do you have?' I didn't think we'd take on any more permanent buns, but these girls came into Kirkby in December last year, after their owner moved into a care home permanently :( They are both 5 1/2 years old & as you can see are extremely fluffy bunsters - the agouti little girl has so much fur you could literally tie it in bunches!! :shock:

As they are getting on in years & have fur that is going to take a lot of looking after, I wanted us to give them a 2nd chance of happiness. Hopefully with Finlay our single boy in due course ;)

Both are a little podgy, which we need to sort & the agouti girl isn't very good at keeping herself clean, because she has no front teeth :( so it will mean me keeping a very close eye on her & ensuring she's all ok with her girl bits etc.

I just felt that the odds of being rehomed were stacked against them due to their age & how much grooming they will need, especially the agouti girl - that I couldn't leave them in rescue :(

We've still to decide names - I want something really girlie for them :love:

At the moment I'm thinking Fifi (agouti) & Mitzi (white/grey) or Grace & Alicia - any other suggestions would be very welcome too :)

Hope you like their pics :love:

DSCF4805.jpg

DSCF4807.jpg

DSCF4806.jpg

Last edited:
Well done Denise for giving these two a second chance! :D
I haven't been to Kirkby for months :oops: but I remember these two. The photos don't do them justice. They are stunning! :love::love::love::love:
I also remember that one of them had problems cleaning herself. :(

:love::love::love: I love the names Fifi and Mitzi:D Fifi looks a little like a gremlin in the first photo:lol::lol:

So what are you calling your sanctuary;)

Aww so glad they are with you now Denise. They are gorgeous bunnies :love: and very nice natured too. They are so lucky to get a second chance and I know they will get the special care they need.

I like the name Mitzi, it was the name of my very first bunny when I was 5 years old.

Last edited:
Denise!! I nearly just spat my drink all over the screen :lol: That must be a record after what you said yesterday :lol: :lol:

They are beautiful girls though and lucky to have found you :love::love::love:

They're beautiful bunnies!! :love: xx

Am sure they'll do well under your care, bless them. I can see why you fell for them.....

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
mmmmmm now what was it you were saying to me the other week, im sure the sentence has the words no more in it :lol:

gorgeous bunnies :love: :love:

Thanks guys - I have to say it wasn't planned ;) I just couldn't leave them behind today :oops:

Sorry if you've covered your screen in drink Katie :oops: :lol:

Fifi & Mitzi it is then for their names :D:love:

:love::love::love: I love the names Fifi and Mitzi:D Fifi looks a little like a gremlin in the first photo:lol::lol:

So what are you calling your sanctuary;)

I reckon Fifi is an Ewok off Starwars Sue!! :shock: :lol:

I'm thinking about the sanctuary name now .............................;) :lol:

The next time I say no more bunnies - just tell me to shut up!!! :roll: :lol:

Back