• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What shall I bring my bonded buns home in? is it safe?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Hi, my 4 are currently away group bonding - Do you think its a good idea to try and get the 4 to travel together? as this would help the bond on the way home...its about 45 minutes.

I do have a indoor cage that oreo had when he was a baby - do you think it would be better to bring them home in that all together then leave them in that for a few hours once they are home as I was going to use the base as their litter tray anyway... will it be safe to travel in that if i put the seatbelt extender on?? at least they could all snuggle together then....
or just put 2 in 2 carriers?? and put back together once home!

This is it - Just found this old piccie... (baby oreo :love:)
CIMG0477.jpg

What do you think?

When my 4 were being bonded I went out and bought a dog carrier, it was an atlas 40 or 50 I think. It was big enough for a foursome easily

I cant really afford another carrier as I just bought 2 new ones - not thinking about the 4!! (never thought it would work)...and I wont have time to get one delivered either with Bank Holiday..

I am scared of introducing them again also!!

hmmm

I'd say it would be better to let them travel as a four ,it might cause problems if you split them up again.

Is there anyone you could borrow a big carrier from?

hmm I dont know anyone else near with one - there is a giant pet store in Norwich and a P@H - I have 2 cabio carriers but I just fit sooty and oreo in one so thats no good :?

argggh

Hmmm yeah don't split them. I have an Atlas 50 which is big enough for four. I have tried transporting in an indoor cage but bunnies seem to slide around too much so not great. Also the 'openess' can be stressful for them.

If you can't get hold of a bigger carrier I would recommend using your indoor cage but making a divide to make area smaller - perhaps with hay kegs, then cover over with a breathable sheet.

Fab that you got a four now though !!!! Iwould LOVE my two pairs to be bonded but know there is no chance. xx

Hmmm yeah don't split them. I have an Atlas 50 which is big enough for four. I have tried transporting in an indoor cage but bunnies seem to slide around too much so not great. Also the 'openess' can be stressful for them.

If you can't get hold of a bigger carrier I would recommend using your indoor cage but making a divide to make area smaller - perhaps with hay kegs, then cover over with a breathable sheet.

Fab that you got a four now though !!!! Iwould LOVE my two pairs to be bonded but know there is no chance. xx

thankyou I hadnt thought of them sliding around - I will try and sort something - I havent got much time - its a bank holiday and Im at work all weekend :roll:

Davina - Good idea I will text Cheryl tomorrow but I think she only has piggies now so prob wont have anything big enough

Davina - Good idea I will text Cheryl tomorrow but I think she only has piggies now so prob wont have anything big enough

oh :?

Worth an ask though.....a smaller size dog crate might work if you covered it over with a blanket or something.

The only thing bigger I have (that is movable) than the carriers you already have is a 100cm indoor cage so I dont know if that will be any help. You could always see if you can locate a huge cardboard box :lol:
Here is a pic of the 4 of them together now
Pic_0430_138.jpg

The only thing bigger I have (that is movable) than the carriers you already have is a 100cm indoor cage so I dont know if that will be any help. You could always see if you can locate a huge cardboard box :lol:
Here is a pic of the 4 of them together now
Pic_0430_138.jpg

:wave: :D:D:D

My indoor cage is 100 cm so might just bring that (though will have to bring the boyfriend :lol:) and pad it out inside so they dont slip about! I was going to use it as their litter tray anyway so will good if they can travel in that together!

when do you get them home?

:wave: I think Im picking them up monday night as im at work all weekend :( excited about getting them ... but scared they will fight once home :roll:
I think they are on their best behaviour at the mo until they see me!!

:wave: I think Im picking them up monday night as im at work all weekend :( excited about getting them ... but scared they will fight once home :roll:
I think they are on their best behaviour at the mo until they see me!!

I wouldnt call it best behaviour :lol::lol::lol:
Seriously though they are all currently munching a pile of hogweed and sow thistle and there are a lot less arguments today ;)

I wouldnt call it best behaviour :lol::lol::lol:
Seriously though they are all currently munching a pile of hogweed and sow thistle and there are a lot less arguments today ;)

oooo sorry :oops::lol: maybe theyre getting the gist they are going to have to like it or lump it :lol:
are the pair still close? and has there been ANY grooming or niceness from those 2 to charlie or mittens??

Back