• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many pets

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
following on from how many buns, or most bunnies youve had, how many pets do you own, what are they, and whats the most youve had at one time?

the most i had was when i first got bunnies 13yrs ago i had 2 bunnies, a guinea pig and a hamster (the piggie and hamster got on well together :shock:)

well currently I've got one bunny, a new forest pony, two western hognose snakes, some tropical fishies and im snail sitting some afican land snails for my friend.. thats it for the moment ;)
:love:

Currently 4 bunies, 2 g. pigs, 1 budge, 1 dog and a pond full of fish.

Over the years we've had dogs, guinea pigs (loads of 'em!), indoor and outdoor fish, terrapins, budgies, hamsters, mice.....etc!

never had a cat, tho....

What I have now, four bunnies.

We used to have two budgies years ago but apart from that we haven't had nay other pets.

2 cats 5 rabbits and 9 hamsters:shock: but 3 of them are part of the rescue, but they are still treated as 'mine'. Plus apparantly I have another 3-4 hamsters with Dom too:lol: but she is not sure if she want me to have them :?

The most I've had was 2 bunnies, 3 piggies, 3 mice and 2 spiny mice, which was too many really.

I think my limit really would probably be 2 buns, 2 piggies and one small animal cage of either a hamster or mice.

if i was allowed all the pets i wanted... wow would it be a long list i suspect. in the past i've had 2 guinea pigs, 3 rabbits(2 still current) 2 mice, 2 hamsters, 2 fish, 5 rats(4 current) :lol: first person to say rats :lol::D

currently have 7 rabbits 2 gunieapigs 11 rats 2 fish 4 degus 7 hamsters

had numerous mice plus numorus rainbow bridge pets

At the monent I have..

2 buns that live at my parents house due to the garden in my flat being gash
7 rats
1 weeny hamster
1 parakeet (trying to find him a pal)
3 snakes
2 lizards
2 toads
2 tree frogs
22 tarantulas
8 giant land snails
around 35 stick insects
Anywhere between 25 and 60 giant millipedes (breed like rabbits but worse)
30 or so giant cockroaches
1 scorpion
tank with 4 tropical fish in it

The rats and rabbits take up more time than the rest put together easily. I think loads of folk think I must neglect most of mine but the truth is the exotics really aren't much work at all.

Next week I'm getting a couple hundred baby tarantulas after a male I sent out on a breeding loan was successful. Not looking forward to sorting them all into pots.:lol:

:shock: wow thats a lot Crunchie.. still if left to my own devises i think my animal numbers would be closer to yours than they are now :lol: what snakes have you got?

2 rabbits. Sally and Feegal

2 guinea pigs. Pumpkin and Pierre

5 African land snails. Broken Shell, Madam Mollusc, Monsieur Gastropod, Three Eyes and Alkcey (sp) as the last one loves rotten apple. S/he eats loads then goes and has a lie down:roll:

11 molly's (fish) Black and whit ones. No name.

1-2 Westies (I look after my o/hs dads Westie when he is away for work.) Mine is called Tilly, his is called Wilbur.

1 chili rose tarantula. Primrose.

and crickets for my tarantula. They have a basking lamp and fresh food/water every day plus choir on the base of their cage to lay eggs in. And lots of hidey holes. All to keep them happy:D Until they get eaten:(

And I help a friend every Tuesday to look after six Icelandic Horses.

To list past animals would take forever, as for listing ones I want, if money, space and time were not an issue, well best not....

We currently have:

Kit: 10 yr old black and white moggy with a taste for human blood but a wuss in all other circumstances.

Topsy: Milky coffee coloured lop who would sell her soul for a dandelion or other clandestine food.

Turvy: Black and white bun, bit of a dude.

Back