• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've rescued a bunny... U/D post 39 he has a name

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I haven't been on RU in months for personal reasons. I am still alive though and today I rescued a bunny... and I couldn't not come back to tell you guys.

I went to the pet shop to buy some rabbit food an they had two bunnies who started to hump. I wanted to find out if the one on the 'receiving end' was actually a boy and if so if they were going to fight. So I started talking to the woman there and she mentioned that the one doing the humping had bad teeth. I had a look, and what I had previously thought was hay sticking out of his mouth was actually his front teeth!

They had been clipping them but they were really bad and I asked what would happen to him. She said they were looking for someone who was prepared to take him on with problems and he would be given away, not sold.

I couldn't leave him there. So now he's here in my bedroom...

He's going to the vets and once he's all sorted he should be going to live with my sister and her bun.

He's settled in really quickly and has such a personality. He's eating pellets right now and apparently eats hay as well, although I'm not sure how. The poor little guy is only 12 weeks old.

Here he is. He's probably going to be called Flapjack:

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised the pet shop had him on show as it's not really the best advert for them ubt good in a perverse sort of way as it shows what can happen to bunnies. Good on you for taking him on and keep us updated on his progress :)

:wave: glad to see you here again..

What a sweet little bunny, Im sure hes really grateful you took him today - hes really fallen on his paws :love:

He is gorgeous!! :love::love::love::love:

Oh dear, that's quite an angle on his incisors there - I have a feeling he will need to have his incisors removed. Thank god someone who knows something about bunnies took him on! Well done :)

I have a feeling his teeth will have to come out too, which is one of the reasons I took him. I have far too much experience with toothless bunnies.

Thanks for all your kind words. I'll let you know how he gets on. I have an appointment on Tuesday at the vets as he's eating and drinking fine at the moment. Bank holidays always turn up at the most inconvenient times! Although I feel bad for splitting him up from his cage mate at least he can eat in peace and there's no chance of them fighting. If all goes to plan he should have a lovely lionhead girlfriend very soon.

For a 12 week old...that's horrific! Well done for taking him home though...he's gorgeous!! :love:

That's a beautiful rabbit. Well done for rescuing him. Sorry to hear you have had personal difficulties.

Just a bit of an update today. He's settling in really well. I found some poos this morning and he's been eating again. I let him run around my room for twenty minutes nd he was so inquisitive although very shy of me. And there were baby binkies. :love: I didn't want to wear him out too much as he's quite skinny and as he's from a pet shop, not used to exercise. I gave him a brush too as he was quite matted and managed to get most of them out.

My manager and friend from the RSPCA came over today to drop me off a collecting bucket and I took her up to see him. She was really shocked and asked me to email her some pictures so it looks like his case will be investigated. I'm fairly happy with that as it's horrible for a 12 week old baby to go through this. He keeps on hitting his teeth on everything and getting them caught on his blanket. It's quite upsetting.

Here are some more pictures.

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

Back