• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now Lara is Poorly :-( - U/D Back From Vets

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Lara has what appears to be a cataract in her left eye. However, it appeared relatively quickly and she also has a marked uveitis :cry: Her eye is also causing her pain :cry: She also has an abscess on her back and I have no idea what caused it :cry:

Lara is 9 now and she has become very frail recently :cry: We are seeing C again tomorrow.

Last edited:
poor lara :cry:, mowgli's first cateract appeared very quickly too, one day he went for his vhd vaccinations, less then week later, dad said what's that on his eye, and i hadn't even noticed it :oops: :cry: and dad said its like he has a cateract, and he was right as we found out :cry:

002-24.jpg

010-21.jpg

:cry:

My rabbit has just had her eye removed after an accident x hope lara recovers quickly just make sure she is pooing and eating if not get to the vet quickly because her gut might of closed down x :love::love: get well soon lara

We are just off to see C again now

ATM Lara is on Metacam, Fucithalmic, Panacur and I am cleaning the abscess and packing it with Manuka Honey. A decision re systemic abx will be made today.

Poor lil' Lara :cry:

C says that the lesion on Lara's eye is not a cataract as it is not on the lens but the anterior chamber. She said it's possible that Lara had a penetration injury, although fluroscein showed no abrasions :?

Lara will remain on Panacur 'just in case' aswell as Baytril, Maxitrol and Metacam if needed. I am to continue to clean the abscess and pack it with Manuka Honey.

Lara is very cross about being taken to the Vets, she thumped all the way home :cry:

Back