• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wish us Luck

Stufi

Alpha Buck
We are going to spend this weekend try to rebond our little ladies.

Our garage/extra living room (shared house) has been completely cleaned and there is a 4x4 run with Tarpaulin and bedding on the floor.

They have just returned from a 30 min drive in the back of Fi's car as instructed and they have now been together for approx 1 hour.

So far (within first 10 mins) we had a full on fight which we separated with the waterpistol (although I also had to stand between to end) which resulted in 2 very wet bunnies although they then spent 10 mins cleaning.

We are now at the mo down to two separate corners of the run and when they do venture it is just Thumps and running away. They seem to have claimed a corner each, is this ok?

We would just like to say thanks to all of those that have offered ongoing advise and we are now camping down for the weekend with the takeaway menus and the TV :)

Pics to follow as they happen :)

No fights now for 1 hours:) still just thumps

Our set up and home for weekend (tight space but only neatral ground)

IMG_0482.jpg

After the first (and only so far) Fight which took a lot of spraying to stop

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

They have just woken up a bit but react to the water, it's a bit like playing Duck Hut:)

Last edited:
Poor soggy buns! Still, if it stops any fighting it's worth it. Are they still behaving?

Love the set up - very cosy!!!:lol:

Many thanks for your posts.

Well so far so good (we think:oops:)

After their car journey and the inital fight, last night consisted of Pinky seeming to be the agressor until about 8pm and from then on Womble appears to be Boss.

We had the only other fight (which needed us to intervene by seperating) at approx 10pm but that has always been their time for the final burst of energy for the day. The rest was just periods of chasing followed buy periods of rest in there respective corners

At 2AM we placed the Trixie cage down the middle of the run to allow them to settle but the gaps allow for the full noses to go through. There were a few sniffs and thumps throughout the night but they seemed to settle.

We removed the Trixie approx lunch time which led to am imediate chase but that soon calmed and at approx 1pm we had them together (although very breifly) with Pinky sat and Womble giving her a sniff. This was followed by another brief chace but we think we are making progress :)

Pics to follow

Sounds like you are going ok.

I have some suggestions, if you can with your Trixie cage cut the run in half, then only use one half, that way they have to interact with each other rather than avoid. Using bigger spaces makes it more difficult to separate them if they start fighting as you may not be in the right part of the run.

Get yourself a broom to use instead of the water pistol to separate them, you can get in between them and pull them apart a lot quicker than a water pistol. If you are using wood shavings they will stick to your buns if they are wet which can cause skin irritations.

I think from what you have posted you may have seaparated them last night, if you did tonight leave them together. Separating them just delays everything. You also then dont end up with areas which then become non neutral.

Good luck and keep up your work.

Well being set up with a Harddrive full of films and TV we've not seen along with takeaway menus has helped :) But we are having to keep a close eye as it can fire out of nothing.

This was them approx 2AM this morning

IMG_0529.jpg

And although this has been followed by a bit of a scrap and now back to normal chasing but, Fi was in tears to see this :) 1330 today, (I really can't believe it and hope it is the start)

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

This has just happened again :) but Pinky is confused as Womble will get near her and then either groom (for a while) and then nip or just chase. Is this all part of it??

Last edited:
All perfectly normal I am afraid, sometimes after 12 - 36 hours one will suddenly get confidence to challenge the other and you may get another dominance change.

Thanks Janice,

We did start yesterday with Pinky in charge and it has already changed to Womble (apparently). We are happy to let it continue as assumed it was normal but like to check to cause as little (extra) stress as possible.

Being stuck in out building with TV and rabbits and laptop mean that this is currently one of our escapes so thanks for all help

Still heading in the right direction I think :).

Halved the cage and left them together last night. Had a few chases when we switched lights off but nothing we needed to get involved in.

There has been 3-4 episodes of grooming (that we have seen) but it is usually instigated by Womble who finishes with a nip.

Doing ok though i think (hope) :) Pinky has started making a kind of mix between a squeek and a buzz when being chased that we hadn't heard before but I hope this is normal too (only as neither have ever made any noises).

Also had a couple of flops from Womble so am assuming she is becoming more comfortable with Pinky there.

Just keep with it, once they are confident with each other that no one is on a real attack they will settle together.

Todays Update :D:D:D

Well I am pleased to say I think we have got there :D I never thought it was possible and I am so happy.

Just before bed (approx 3AM) they seemed content at a distance
IMG_0551.jpg

But we had them feeding together, They even shared 1 piece of red Cabbage :D
IMG_0566.jpg

This morning I awoke to this
IMG_0558.jpg

and the day has just got better. Both grooming each other and sitting together. Womble has a few runs but Pinky now just sits and watches and is used as a hurdle rather than an object to chase

IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0590.jpg
IMG_0592.jpg

and just because she's cute
IMG_0605.jpg

Last edited:
Back