• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh Dear

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
Holly has refused my amazing drug hider that is banana :shock::shock::shock:

im going to have to *gulps* panacur her from the syringe.... :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

think ill do it next week because shes still so scared of me :(

ill try basil then :D

shes so reluctant to take food from me, its really different to the pigs im used to :? she likes the fengi crunchys but they dont eat them in one go

I was advised by my vet to put the panacur on my finger then dab it on the bunny's mouth and then they'll lick it off... It works, but when my buns run away from me thinking "nasty Mummy" it's not very nice! :(
(Equally, my buns who I recently gave the pancur too are 12 weeks old and easy to handle!!)
Good luck with Holly, she'll calm down soon :) xx

mine goes in the middle of a barley ring or you could try injecting it in to the middle of the fenegreek crunchy.

Eeeeek! A basil leaf sandwich usually works for us too - providing Holly can pluck up the courage to take it off you. :lol: I'm sure her confidence will grow and grow. :love:

Oh dear - now I feel like a mean 2 foot as I just syringe it straight in :oops: it might explain why they don't like me now.....:oops::roll:

its been ages since i was the big scary human, Alvin has never been a fan but not fear. i vaguely remember pearl being so nervous that she stayed in the other room for days but she was always such a pig, never had issues lol

might try and do the towel over her trick like i used to with pearl and her heart meds if the basil sandwich dont work tomorrow (gotta get some first)

im just shocked she said no to mushed narna, i thought it was a miracle in a skin lololol

im just shocked she said no to mushed narna, i thought it was a miracle in a skin lololol

Maybe she just hasn't got a sweet tooth. ;) Alfie eats anything and everything whereas Bubbles isn't so keen on fruit but will scoff veggies.

Maybe she just hasn't got a sweet tooth. ;) Alfie eats anything and everything whereas Bubbles isn't so keen on fruit but will scoff veggies.

she hardly touch the veg yesterday too :( shes a total hay monster so im not worried about her tummy. but im so used to pigs its strange :lol::lol:

panacur pellet porridge works evry time for mine: small handful of pellets, add panacur and a little hot water, mix to a semi-smoosh paste, leave to cool. Mine wolf it down, they think they're getting treats!

I have tried all the above with never a success with Mr Bingley Sir - he's a wiley old wabbit and knows when there's nastiness around. So, at the moment we play a game of 'let's try and squirt Baytril on a paw so he has to lick it off' - it seems to be working and I'm finding it quite hilarious watching him flick his paws in disgust and then lick them ... even if he doesn't ... I do mix it with pineapple juice first so it doesn't taste TOO bad for him :)

Back