• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So pleased with my new vets

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Had our first visit last night and the vet we saw was great. He was so gentle when handling the bunnies and seemed very knowledgable. Two of the buns have been a bit awkward to handle since the disasterous visit to my previous vets but he handled them with such ease and calmness they weren't stressed or anything.

He is very big on feeding the correct diet and said it was nice to have someone who was actually feeding bunnies correctly for a change. He was also happy to order in Lapinject for me and was very interested in why I wanted to use it.

I think he took a shine to Apollo though, his dad used to show tans when he was a child.

I know. We used to have a brilliant vet but she left. As we were moving house anyway I transfered them to a more local vet but we had a pretty bad experience last time so we've had to move again. Its such a relief to have a good vet again.

Its such a relief to find a good bun vet.
And the bunnies know they are in good hands it would seem.
Mine used to panic at the not so bun knowledgeable vets but since we changed they are much calmer.

:wave:

Out of curiosity which vet have you moved to? You're not too far from me and I'm always on the hunt for the best bunny vets (not that my current vets are bad, they're great, but if the bunny-savvy vets left then I'd be stuck :shock:)

I thought the first vet I took mine to was good, but she told me not to give her veggies,

Ive since been to a vets who are fabulous, they have a nurse that will check all animals for nothing (weight-teeth etc) and will give me any advice at any time if I ring, and theyre open 24/7

also its a brilliant little hospital for them, they have all top stuff, like scanners, x-rays etc

Out of curiosity which vet have you moved to? You're not too far from me and I'm always on the hunt for the best bunny vets (not that my current vets are bad, they're great, but if the bunny-savvy vets left then I'd be stuck )

I've moved to Golden Valley Vets in Nailsea. Its probably the wrong side of Bristol if you were coming from Bath tho.

i,ve heard their good too,i know people arnt keen of pets at home but i take ebony to their vets at the filton store and they have been brilliant ,when i had my dog i realised how bad some vets can be at the way they treat them or charge u for expensive unessasery treatment that was never going to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i,ve heard their good too,i know people arnt keen of pets at home but i take ebony to their vets at the filton store and they have been brilliant ,when i had my dog i realised how bad some vets can be at the way they treat them or charge u for expensive unessasery treatment that was never going to work.

I had to use them when I unfortunately ended up with a poorly bun from there as they will only pay if you use their vets. I would never choose to use them, the vets I saw didn't have a clue about rabbits, all the info they gave was inaccurate and I ended up having a huge row with them about it. Golden Valley are just as cheap (About £15 a vaccination) and David the vet is absolutely amazing.

Back