• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

over grooming with love!

clairekaitlin

Warren Scout
My two bunnies love nothing more than grooming each other for hours after a good run around, However I've noticed Snuggs has groomed a patch on Cookie so much right between her shoulder blades that its looking bald and a little sore?!?!?
Advice please x
claire x

They haven't been vaccinated recently have they?
You can get a local skin reaction at the vax site which is pretty much where you've described.

Its called barbaring. I can sometimes be a result of boredom. Do your bunnies have plently of access to hay to nibble as sometimes this can help distract them. Some bunnies just need alot of stimulation so you could try rotating toys so they have something different each day.

They haven't been vaccinated recently have they?
You can get a local skin reaction at the vax site which is pretty much where you've described.

No they haven't had any jabs, its literally where she has nibbled the fur out and licked and licked and licked lol! It doesn't seem to bother Cookie as she is still ramming her head under Snuggs for fuss but I've noticed its getting worse :(
claire x

No they haven't had any jabs, its literally where she has nibbled the fur out and licked and licked and licked lol! It doesn't seem to bother Cookie as she is still ramming her head under Snuggs for fuss but I've noticed its getting worse :(
claire x

Oh OK just a thought, in any case Amy104 has offered some good advice for dealing with it.

Its called barbaring. I can sometimes be a result of boredom. Do your bunnies have plently of access to hay to nibble as sometimes this can help distract them. Some bunnies just need alot of stimulation so you could try rotating toys so they have something different each day.

Ok I will try more hay, they eat lots anyway but worth a try, they have several toys but not really interested, thing I will get some more hanging ones, they seem to prefer the challenge:)
They also have free range of the front room for about 6 hours a day so plenty of exercise?!?!? Thanks for advice x
claire xx

They also have free range of the front room for about 6 hours a day so plenty of exercise?!?!?

Sorry. I didn't mean for my post to of come across as a critism. I wasn't implying it was your fault. I just mean some bunnies are just naturally a bit more on the go.

My Willow is a nighmare in this respect only her trait is to bite the bars rather than overgrooming. Her run is huge so its not like she actively wants to get out, its as if its just something to do. I've found if I rotate toys to give her something different to play with (even if its just a cardboard box or an emply plant pot) it seems to keep her more amused and has stoped the bar biting.

Sorry. I didn't mean for my post to of come across as a critism. I wasn't implying it was your fault. I just mean some bunnies are just naturally a bit more on the go.

My Willow is a nighmare in this respect only her trait is to bite the bars rather than overgrooming. Her run is huge so its not like she actively wants to get out, its as if its just something to do. I've found if I rotate toys to give her something different to play with (even if its just a cardboard box or an emply plant pot) it seems to keep her more amused and has stoped the bar biting.

Oh no sorry I know you weren't lol!! there just like kevin and perry lol! xx
All advice is great xx

Back