• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are your buns scared of wasps/bee's??

My Aflie bun is terrified of the sound of wasps and bees. I got home last night and I couldn't see him in their cage, then I saw him cowering in the corner of his cage :cry:

Later in the evening another bee flew into the flat and my O/H said Alfie was so scared. We have to keep the windows open at all times to help with his breathing.

Now I know my special Alfie bun is a bit of a wuss :lol:, so any other bun's scared??

my dog is absolutely terrified of fly's wasps bee's, infact anything that flys......
he will do anything to get out of a room with one in..i dont know where the phobia came from but he doesn't even like it when people fly kites :lol:
when it starts to get warmer you can see him start to look out for them.
when he comes into a room he looks up as if to say is there any flys in here? :lol:

A huge bumble bee came into the kitchen the other day and my Alfie just froze and looked terrified - it was a massive one though. I had to catch it in a glass.

I was reading an article on the BBC site that said that it has been proven that elephants are terrified of them too.

There was a huge bumble bee in Willow and Bluebells run but they couldn't care less. I was more worried that they were so unfased that they might end up getting stung. Can it do any serious harm if they do?

Can it do any serious harm if they do?

You need to be vigilant if your bun gets stung by an insect. Anaphalactic shock has happened in rabbits, especially if bun gets stung around the nose/mouth you need to check for swelling and breathing difficulties and if so rush bun to the closest vet you can find for emergency treatment. It is unusual though for an insect to sting a bun with no good reason. I would move any bee/wasp you find lying in the grass though. :)

Back